Steel Grey E46 M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richystran

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Bought this a few months ago to replace my silver/grey e46 m3 which came to a very sorry end!!
Steel Grey (prefer this than the silver/grey) only 80k miles!!
Will get a few more details up soon.
Pics taken by previous owner, will get some up soon with M3 plate etc.
111.JPG
33.JPG
22.JPG

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Gorgeous, love that colour in them. I was looking at one with Laguna seca interior and it was a nice contrast. The red leather is perfect though. Might have to invest in another m3 soon enough

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
How do you find the SMG? I've had a few manual M3's and loved them, looking at another M3 at the minute that's ticking all the boxes except it's SMG which I'm not sure I will like

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
How do you find the SMG? I've had a few manual M3's and loved them, looking at another M3 at the minute that's ticking all the boxes except it's SMG which I'm not sure I will like
Its a bit jerky in town, Its actually brilliant when you give it a blast up through the gears, so quick at shifting. Still prefer the manual all the same, but its not the hardest and most expensive to convert. I "overlooked" that this car was smg as everything else was perfect lol Well everything except the head gasket! which i knew was gone

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Nice colour scheme! Don't think i could enjoy the smg box now but all the best with it.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Yes done that! Got just over €2000 Euro back so yes a VERY cheap M3. Bought her back when the pound was strong too.

Is there a way of checking if a car is able ro have vrt claimed back off it. Its only cars that were taken south that can have it reclaimed afaik.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is there a way of checking if a car is able ro have vrt claimed back off it. Its only cars that were taken south that can have it reclaimed afaik.
Any private car exported out of the south can get the VRT back, although it is paid to the last registered keeper in the south.

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Any private car exported out of the south can get the VRT back, although it is paid to the last registered keeper in the south.

Yes correct, the last registered keeper applies for the vrt to be refunded. There is a site where you can get a calculation of what may be due. The last owner then goes to the vrt office and puts the claim in.

My car was originally a uk car and the VRT bill was iirc 24k euro in 09!!

I guess alot of sellers like to see a buyer from the uk coming so they get the vrt back and say nothing!!!

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Yes correct, the last registered keeper applies for the vrt to be refunded. There is a site where you can get a calculation of what may be due. The last owner then goes to the vrt office and puts the claim in.

My car was originally a uk car and the VRT bill was iirc 24k euro in 09!!

I guess alot of sellers like to see a buyer from the uk coming so they get the vrt back and say nothing!!!
I thought if i purchased a southern reg car in southern ireland that was originally a uk car I got the vrt refund.

Anyway, going im off topic there. You car is immense. HTD it.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes

I really wanted a manual but when mine came up with SMG and just about everything else under the sun it was too big a temptation to resist...glad I did too. SMG is a bit jurky at slow speeds round town and quite bad when reversing when its cold but once its warmed up out on the road theres no way I would want a manual...think Ive just got too used to driving the 650...tho I hate driving round town in a manual.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.