Steering wheel retrim

Ant

RMS Regular
Anyone local do retrimming steering wheels?
I've been pointed to a guy in england who does a load of Z4's from another forum i'm on, but if there's someone local it'll save me posting things etc.

Basically looking to get the same as this one, but with alcantara at the small top/bottom sections

Z4-E85-SE-double-padded-perforated-nappa-sides-nappa-top-bottom-M-stitching-01.JPG

pablo

RMS Moderator
if it was Royal Steering wheels Im fairly pissed with them. First wheel was great, second one not so good and now Im waiting on one for my 911. 1-2 weeks quoted been a month now. apparently its being posted today.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
if it was Royal Steering wheels Im fairly pissed with them. First wheel was great, second one not so good and now Im waiting on one for my 911. 1-2 weeks quoted been a month now. apparently its being posted today.
A month? I've two with them at the minute so i may get a second wheel bought, can't be waiting a month.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Arek Leather in Ballymena did my SportKa wheel. Perforated and smooth leather with a matching blue rally style loop top centre... £70 + vat but for cash the vat evaporates.... Bout a week to turnaround fyi

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
do they you have to take wheel of or can u leave car with them in arek

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant

it is royals pablo, think most of the lads on the z4forums used them
(not that they've responded to my qoute request yet)

I bought a wheel off ebay from a z4 being broken for £30 as i couldn't be arsed trading/exchanging the current one, figured i can just sell my current one for about the same money afterwards to get back what i spent on eBay, and if it does take a few weeks then i'm not too worried.

Last edited:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I have one of these and want the the blue changed to black. Is that possible?

$_35.JPG

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
assume so, be no different to retrimming my one i'd have thought.

emailed Arek as well so see what happens

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
Still no word from Royals, Arek got back to me quickly so looks like i'll be heading there :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
mine arrived this morning. all is forgiven, its awesome. Ill get some pics up this eve when I fit it.

Reactions: Ant

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
lol still no reply to my query to them so looking like it'll be ballymean for me

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
Royals got back to me, £40+p&p more expensive

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
let it up to arek last friday, getting it back in a couple of weeks, i'll hoof up an update pic when i fit it.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
My steering wheels were in the post this morning from Royal steering wheels so that was 2 weeks turnaround for 2 steering wheels, not bad going.

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
figured i'd give the local one a chance, hopefully be grand i'll take the hit and send it to royal

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Sorry to dig up an old thread but was looking reviews one royalsteering wheels and came across this.
How did the retrim for Arek turn out in the end?

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
was /ok/ quick enough turnaround but think i'd have go with Royals if I had it to do again, didn't really pay attention when I said about the extra padding to make it a bit chunkier despite emailing before hand with a decent description and a picture example of pretty much how i wanted my wheel.
When i weighed in to hand it over i had to describe it again so wasn't the best of signs.

but that's my only issue, other than that was fast enough bit, marginally cheaper and the leather used etc was grand.

before/after
Old.jpg

new.jpg
new2.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Anyone a number Arek?

I've a lorry steering wheel to be retrimmed, and the seats too maybe, but need a quick turnaround

Ceejay

RMS Regular
Drives
ep3 type r
Arek done my first carbon wheel, came up pretty good.

Done the second one but wasn't a great job and was re done by one of the English places. Can't remember who the guy was that done it but can ask the customer.

This ones going to get done by edge automotive. Will post pics when it's back

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Emailed Arek about the lorry.

£550 for the seats & £80 for the wheel.plus VAT

He's told me to call up and see his work and discuss what I want.