Steering wobble from 0 - 45 mph

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Apologies for the stupid questions

The Mrs has reported her car has a steering wobble.

Took it out this morning and it appears to be occuring from standstill to approx 45 mph then the wobble goes away.

Whenever the car is moving very slowly it feels as if it is occuring with every rotation of one of the wheels I am thinking drivers side front.

The car is due new tyres on the front anyway and have looked around and the wheel doesn't appear to be buckled.

Could it be a flat spotted tyre or a wheel out of balance?

It is not happening under braking so I am guessing that rules a warped disc out?

Cheers

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
As @pablo has said stuck on the spare (if you have one) and see what happens.

If it was a warped disc you would feel the pedal pulse under your foot.

Michael44

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancia
Apologies for the stupid questions

The Mrs has reported her car has a steering wobble.

Took it out this morning and it appears to be occuring from standstill to approx 45 mph then the wobble goes away.

Whenever the car is moving very slowly it feels as if it is occuring with every rotation of one of the wheels I am thinking drivers side front.

The car is due new tyres on the front anyway and have looked around and the wheel doesn't appear to be buckled.

Could it be a flat spotted tyre or a wheel out of balance?

It is not happening under braking so I am guessing that rules a warped disc out?

Cheers
I would say if its happening from standstill there is some deformation of the tyre carcass on one or both of the front wheels.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks all :grinning:

Took the car in with 4 fresh tyres fitted this morning and the issue is now gone. So bad tyre seems to be the culprit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.