Stena Day

AndyG

RMS Regular
Hopefully stays dry, I didn't get a chance to get textiles or waterproofs so il be like a big chamois šŸ˜‚

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Decided not to head today as this afternoon looked pishy rain in Scotland. So me and the brother headed down to Newcastle then on to Carlingford for a bite to eat then back up the road home. Some lovely bikes about Newcastle, Charles Hurst were doing test drives. I didn't have my license so couldn't book on. We're booked onto the next Stena day on the 23rd so fingers crossed for some day weather
Snapchat-791249568.jpg
Snapchat-979078651.jpg
20190609_131237.jpg
20190609_143143.jpg
IMG_20190609_134622_341.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Decided not to head today as this afternoon looked pishy rain in Scotland. So me and the brother headed down to Newcastle then on to Carlingford for a bite to eat then back up the road home. Some lovely bikes about Newcastle, Charles Hurst were doing test drives. I didn't have my license so couldn't book on. We're booked onto the next Stena day on the 23rd so fingers crossed for some day weatherView attachment 239061View attachment 239062View attachment 239063View attachment 239064View attachment 239065

If thatā€™s the wee ferry over to Carlingford, Iā€™d highly recommend sitting on the bike with both feet firmly on the ground before it gets to dock after a crossing. We went over a few weeks back and the boat hit the buffers that hard it near toppled 3 of our bikes, only for we were already sitting on them holding them up.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
If thatā€™s the wee ferry over to Carlingford, Iā€™d highly recommend sitting on the bike with both feet firmly on the ground before it gets to dock after a crossing. We went over a few weeks back and the boat hit the buffers that hard it near toppled 3 of our bikes, only for we were already sitting on them holding them up.

Yeah. Whatever way it hit the buffers it caught us off guard too, I near lost my footing

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah. Whatever way it hit the buffers it caught us off guard too, I near lost my footing

We were right at the front on the slope, waiting at the gates. It was almost a ā€œdominoā€ scenario. I was sitting with my foot up on the peg a few seconds before and only placed my foot on the ground to turn round and talk to the guys behind me. The big GS probably would have needed a rocker cover... šŸ˜‚

Last edited: