Stenaline Car Club to Scotland Feb 2020

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Up at Mull of Galloway lighthouse as suggested. Stunning up here despite the strong winds!

D32E2735-799B-4AB2-A541-16500433970F.jpeg

warren

RMS Photographer
We have stopped in a town called Douglas now for some food. Stunning roads but damn it's cold, windy and quite a bit of snow just there haha. Feel bad for all the guys on the bikes today!

Luckily my heated seats are working a treat lol

IMG_20200222_122848.jpg

Zach57

RMS Regular
How’d that work out for ya then? Were you beat about the boat like a turd in a pew with the 3rd stormy weekend in a row...? 😂
I was more worried about it being cancelled or a lot of roads being flooded over here. The boat was calm for most it and there was one bit of road that was flooded and had a closed road sign up, but I waited for Hyundai crossover on the other side to cross and I could see it wasn’t that deep.
C541E469-4CAA-4423-A311-84E8325538CD.jpeg

Last edited:

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I was more worried about it being cancelled or a lot of roads being flooded over here. The boat was calm for most it and there was one bit of road that was flooded and had a closed road sign up, but I waited for Hyundai crossover on the other side to cross and I could see it wasn’t that deep. View attachment 266648
You fairly get about young fella, good on ya(y)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Well sounds like it was an eventful trip for many, including stories of muddy car parks, flooding, snow and it seems, catching up with the local plod.

Did any of you get stopped at the random traffic lights in springholm? They have one of those speed displays - green if you are on or under the limit, red if above. However if you are over the speed limit, 200 yards down the road there is a set of traffic lights that then turn red, leaving the limit breacher stopped, and red faced. Allegedly.

The Dumfries A75 roadworks were a bit of a pain, however it was great to see some blue skies. Will definitely go again this year if Stena run it again.

Last edited:

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
I'm booked for next weekend, we were planned on heading for Loch Lomond for a run, just cos I'm fed up driving the a75 lol anyone else went a wee bit further a field?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I was more worried about it being cancelled or a lot of roads being flooded over here. The boat was calm for most it and there was one bit of road that was flooded and had a closed road sign up, but I waited for Hyundai crossover on the other side to cross and I could see it wasn’t that deep. View attachment 266648

Think it would take a brave storm to cause that ferry to cancel

I went over in October two years ago with a mate on the bikes. Was a very unsettled trip, then we landed and it was absolutely pishing down at 5am, mate on the bike infront covering me in spray neither of us could see anything

Going up the road to Ayr being passed by lorries 😂 that was a trip for the memories. Bike crapped itself from the spray, killed the regulator rectifier and had to fly home 😂

Good oul Italian waterproof reliability

Zach57

RMS Regular
Think it would take a brave storm to cause that ferry to cancel

I went over in October two years ago with a mate on the bikes. Was a very unsettled trip, then we landed and it was absolutely pishing down at 5am, mate on the bike infront covering me in spray neither of us could see anything

Going up the road to Ayr being passed by lorries 😂 that was a trip for the memories. Bike crapped itself from the spray, killed the regulator rectifier and had to fly home 😂

Good oul Italian waterproof reliability
There was ferry’s cancelled 2 weeks ago, although that was from Dublin.

There wasn’t much rain today but it was windy anytime I opened the door it near blew off the hinges!

warren

RMS Photographer
We had a blast yesterday, there was a serious amount of standing water, pot holes then quite a bit of snow when we were up near Douglas. First proper road trip with the Boxster too and it was flawless, absolutely love the thing.

Off boat, up the coast, into Douglas for lunch, down the B740, up the B797 then down the A702 and along to Dumfries for a McDonald's :laughing:

Stopped off via Clatteringshaws Loch on the way back (last photo), we were there in Sept last year and there's a load of trees, then a stony beach bit usually, but it was just all underwater. The Loch must be several meters higher than normal at the minute.

DSC_3451.jpg

DSC_3452.jpg

DSC_3457.jpg

DSC_3464.jpg

DSC_3465.jpg

DSC_3471.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
It will be great if stenaline continue to run these throughout the year, and not just in the poorer weather months.

Probably why they run them in the bad weather months, not many people would be interested in a trip somewhere that's wet etc

Pics of them always look good though

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Another great trip, really hope stenaline keep these up. We headed down into the Lake District with a stop in Keswick for a bite to eat then a run into Gretna for some shopping before heading to the boat. 330 miles done and a good day had by all of us.

@Cooper nice to meet you on the return boat, hopefully there won’t be any plod stories again.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Another great trip, really hope stenaline keep these up. We headed down into the Lake District with a stop in Keswick for a bite to eat then a run into Gretna for some shopping before heading to the boat. 330 miles done and a good day had by all of us.

@Cooper nice to meet you on the return boat, hopefully there won’t be any plod stories again.
Keswick is some run- 3hrs+ no doubt with the road works! Nice to meet you also!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Over the last few months many RMS members have been taking advantage of Stena's Car Club to Scotland deal, exploring the fantastic roads and stunning countryside of Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland. For only £39 for car + 2 return for the day, this has been a runaway success on the forum...

(Thanks to those in this thread who I pinched pics from!) (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
The information stenaline staff seem to have on these deals is limited at best, so its anyone's guess if more will be released or not.

Topmark

RMS Regular
Booked for Saturday (y) A nice outing for the newly acquired R32. Hopefully we’ll get the weather. Many others heading over? Still trying to plan a route...

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I'm on for this Saturday too, purely a daytrip, going in the daily with the missus, hoping for Glasgow and then Ayr.

Reactions: Ben

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Few of us booked for this Saturday but looks like it’s loads of snow in Scotland so maybe no point going . Was hoping this would be the cossie’s first proper blast out too ☹️

56oval

RMS Regular
Few of us booked for this Saturday but looks like it’s loads of snow in Scotland so maybe no point going . Was hoping this would be the cossie’s first proper blast out too ☹
Weather looks to be sh*t. Giving 40-50mph winds in the forcasts. May sack it off if its going to be bad.

K55

RMS Regular
Did any of you get stopped at the random traffic lights in springholm? They have one of those speed displays - green if you are on or under the limit, red if above. However if you are over the speed limit, 200 yards down the road there is a set of traffic lights that then turn red, leaving the limit breacher stopped, and red faced. Allegedly.

Both sets (each end of the village) are speed activated, so keep it to 30 on the approach to them.