Stenaline Car Club to Scotland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
OP
chrisd1
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Yep it's normally silly money return on the fast crossings at those times, so I booked it for the craic. Worst case it'll be a day out for the kids, can change the car Reg near the time

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Bloody hell, would of genuinely went on this simply for something to do BUT of all days we have promised to bring kids to my work event. AAARRGGHH:mad:

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Bloody hell, would of genuinely went on this simply for something to do BUT of all days we have promised to bring kids to my work event. AAARRGGHH:mad:

Sure 1000s of kids and queues are much more fun ^o)

Land in from USA on Friday, either work event or this trip on Saturday then son's birthday on Sunday. Busy!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Go price P&O lol

On the way up the road online it was actually a little cheaper. But Stena sailed 15 mins earlier so went for it instead. Both were cheaper online. Sometimes it's the same price at the gate...not this time ( not a huge difference though )

Although Belfast a little handier as had to pick my car up at the city airport and after being on the go for 24hrs....it made more sense.

Stena used to do like a 32hr return for £150...nevermind a single bloody crossing.

P&O is a better boat though, far more comfy. Every area of the Stena is uncomfortable. Worst seating ever and their so called cinema/movie section is ridiculous

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Fanstastic deal. Would have been nice if Stena gave us a heads up a bit sooner. I can’t do next Saturday or would have broken their arm off at that price. Will drop them a mail and see if we can get this run again and notified of it!

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
The P&O boats on Larne to Cairnryan at the moment are replacements up from Dover-Calais route. They are trucker oriented and the on board facilities, while adequate, are fairly limited, worn out and generally ****. We said on one last week, as the timings were good versus Stena. Price via Nutt Travel was ok and booking was much simpler as the P&O website is a ****ing waste of space.

Our car was parked on the open deck in a big ****ing puddle of brackish water. You couldn’t avoid standing in it and my car interior now smells like a lobster pot

PhilM

RMS Regular
Would have taken my wee fella for the trip but clashes with another commitment 😕

Must keep an eye out for another similar deak

Phil

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Cheaper than Stena at the minute for a crossing at the end of July and also has a 9% cash back with Quidco and a £30 fuel voucher
It's £123 dearer with P&O on my screen, same date and as good as same sailings.. Stenaline booked as a day trip

Last edited:

Bryan

RMS Regular
Air show in Newcastle next weekend otherwise I'd have given this a go to - hopefully they do it again on some other date that doesn't clash with something

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Frantically trying to find something suitable to do with the family on the other side not too far from the boat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.