step by step guides

would you like a step by step guide on rms?

• wouldnt matter to me, garage does all my work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
would anyone like to see step by step guides on rms as how to work on your car, im sure alot of you's out there know how to do most of the jobs anyhow, but for the likes of larger jobs, timing belts, clutches and things like that,
trying to start up a new section but would like to see what interest there would be before doing this so as not to waste time

please poll below

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
yes it would be very helpful, at least you can give it a stab if there are plenty of progress pics etc and you would be a lot more confident than someone instructing you what to do

Dermot

Hmmm, Bigger job's like Timming belts??? Im a fully qualified mechanic and I hate doin timming belts.. Just incase something goes wrong and on some vehicles it can take hours for a mechanic to do... Also every Vehicle is different ? Like if you put up a How to Change an timming belt on a 2.0 8V Vauxhall for example, your gonna have people with 16V's trying to use it...
As for fitting clutches ... lol, Again every cars different.. And I dont think 2% of the members on the site would even try it..

Personally I think you'd be wasting your time, Most people on this site would rather have a how to on wiring up Headunits and Sound systems etc... Rather than engine work.

But easier jobs like Brake pads, Torsion bars (Lowering), Putting in springs etc on a How to might be used?

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
thats why i suggested for the specific vehicle, engine model number and type of car available for that engine etc, being fully qualified myself, i think this could ok maby not everyone could do every job, but could get a better insight as to how much you get charged for something, a bit of a price beating method
as for timing belts, theyre easy, do them all day long on any car, ps dont want to do a gt4 one again!!!
as for the sounds and hu's, that would be also a part in an electrical section, best way to learn is to try even if it is not sucessful

Pac-Man

Banned
Will there be a guide on how to tell the right way round a Celica GT4 Carlos Sainz bonnet vent should be, or how many volts a GSi Carlton uses? :lol:

Pac-Man

Banned
In all seriousness Nova Blobby lad, you may be the greatest mechanic in the world, but when i read some of the crap you post about blindingly obvious simple things, i wouldn't take heed of a single guide you wrote, even if it was only how to check tyre pressure. :lol:

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
fair enough i am note greatest at decribing things,but doing the job is a different story, will take and do anything at all mechanical or electrical, will be finnished 100%!
making a few starter pages to try and post up, to start helping as soon as i can, ayone have anything specific in mind they wouldnt mind having a helping guide as to do, just so as i can post ones people are looking for, as opposed to ones people know

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
But easier jobs like Brake pads, Torsion bars (Lowering), Putting in springs etc on a How to might be used?

agreed

even the simplier induction kits , ice , boot builds , central locking etc

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
id go for it at least it worths a try im sure othere cud relate to some things that r posted and b able to provide more info on wot eva subject.

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
ok well i will try to keep away from the guides you get in max power, and other such like mags so as not to steel their glory

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
if u have n e ideas how i cud clean out me 32-36 webber feel free to pm it seem to have brunt up in wot eva car it was in b4 also simon if can rebuild it would u do it and how much would it cost

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
if you will be at the gti club day in castlewellan i will be there at the street racer stall providing armo is for taking one, if not i will be about somewhere down there
i normally get them rebuilt by a guy in ballymena called roy brown, works in motor sport and spares
no one better to build them in the country,

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
yea a few peeps i was talkin to mentioned him also marvin mcronalds (sp) was mentioned aswell tho i cud always call into msas cus my women lives up by that end of the woods. i will b at that show if i take it up would u take a look at it for me

Dermot

Never done it before... But when you buy the Kit for rebuilding them does it not come with instructions?

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
yet again you can get the kit from roy if your just wanting the kit, not all kit's come with the instructions, webber have their own manuals on these things so dont supply kits with instructions, yea i will take a wee look at it for you, not going to promise anything though

Dermot

Another thing Bibby... If your Serious about the Step by Step guides... Get onto Cooper and see if he'll set up a "Sub Forum" inside "RMS Surgery" Just for the "How 2's" .. Not sayin he will do it, But if your serious you might aswell give it a shot!

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
already have and he is intrested in doing it, to post onto peoples questions to close a few topics
so if you could do some also dermot, the help would be great

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.