STINKING DOG SMELL REMOVAL HELP

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Hi Folks, I bought myself a wee van last weekend to be my new daily runabout, The previous owner must have kept dogs in it and it is stinking smellwise

I have removed the whole cab interior and deep cleaned everything, I bought a 2nd hand carpet for it as it was stinking,

I powerhosed & wetvacced the seats, cleaned all the plastics & surfaces and it still smells +o(+o( It smells of wet damp dog

can anyone suggest what else could remove the bad odour? I have bought one of those odour bombs & a new cabin filter to try

Open to all suggestions besides fire :joy:

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Steaming has always worked well for me, I've had a few cars flood damaged cars that stunk and steaming and a good cleaner, CG fabric cleaner is what I use as I like how it leaves the carpets feeling.

The smell may be in the sound deadening under the carpets, best to lift the carpet if possible and clean/steam it.

Anachem's scent is a good job too, I use it on the bins as well :joy:

Last edited:

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Steaming has always worked well for me, I've had a few cars flood damaged cars that stunk and steaming and a good cleaner, CG fabric cleaner is what I use as I like how it leaves the carpets feeling.

The smell may be in the sound deadening under the carpets, best to lift the carpet if possible and clean/steam it.

Anachem's scent is a good job too, I use it on the bins as well :joy:

ive removed the entire inteior, van is bare inside at the minute & still smells

bought a 2nd hand carpet with sound deadening etc to put in

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
Get a bottle of an enzyme cleaner like bio brisk from autostart. Its bacteria thats keeping the smell going.

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Get a bottle of an enzyme cleaner like bio brisk from autostart. Its bacteria thats keeping the smell going.

I have anachems and sprayed it everywhere, twice and used biobrisk on the fabrics

Did you replace cabin filter

not yet brendy, I have one here but was waiting to i put interior back in tonight and run the odour bomb & new cabin filter.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It might be your only option

1594231249192.jpeg

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Have you tried a fogging kit with deodoriser / anti bacterial fog?
I Have 1 bought, I am going to put Interior back in tonight then replace cabin filter & run the odour bomb
I reckon if you took a huge steaming dump in the back,
the doggy smell would simply vanish.... just a thought 🤔
I think the dog has probably done enough of those lol

RevT

RMS Regular
The smell was in the carpets and seats as well. Probably have to get the plylined rear removed 🙄

My last wee van had a gear oil spill on the plywood, it took a full clean and replacing the ply before I got rid of the smell fully.

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
My last wee van had a gear oil spill on the plywood, it took a full clean and replacing the ply before I got rid of the smell fully.
The van had a plastic liner over the plylining. It even smelt fs