Storage heaters

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Has any one successfully diverted from an Eddi into a storage or panel heater ?

My iboost has packed in and needs replaced. In theory i thought why not divert into a storage heater , at low rate when possible and then release it when available?

This would likely be the office I work in , so it won’t be heating the whole house rather taking the chill out of the room I’m in and removing the need for firing the underfloor on.

I even seen you can get solar storage heaters but seems to require a few extra bits of kit.

Thanks

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I know someone who does this but he has 24 panels installed, back when you were allowed to. As such there is plenty surplus generated. I have 16 panels and tbh I’m not sure how much would be left over to heat a storage heater. Not a lot in the cold part of the year for sure.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
Yes agree what your saying however, on my app sep, oct, nov, feb , March would definitely have the possibility of trickling into a storage heater during the day.

It’s not like it needs a full 2k constant , rather just dump in once the excess is triggered and let it store.

In those months u cud be at 200w all day which is useless or another day 1-2 for a few hours. There def excess to be had all about using it without being ocd on saving money vs getting shafted and drawing it