Stormont pays tribute to World Rally star Kris Meeke

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: Kris Meeke has been welcomed to Stormont to celebrate his success in the 2015 World Rally Championship. The event was hosted by MLAs Arlene Foster and Gordon Dunne.

The special tribute recognised Kris Meeke’s remarkable season in the 2015 World Rally Championship, where he finished the Championship in 5th place, driving for the Citroen World Rally Team. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Gutted to miss this, work in the bloody building but didn't even know it was happening!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
He could've made a bit of effort!

Did Jonny Rea or Colin Turkington get a Stormont reception even though they won their respective championships; not finished fifth?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
J Rea definitely deserved something but because it involved a motorbike ... best not promoting such a sport in their eyes

Disgusting that Jonny has not been recognised more fully for his contribution to sport here

he comes across as a really nice guy too

BUT fair do's to Chris too, he deserves the credit

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
The bike men get far superior and much more coverage on the news and print media than rallying has ever achieved !

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
I feel that you are missing the point Graham, Jonny won the WSB c'ship by being the best rider out there and there is no special recognition like this for him. Yes there is coverage of bike racing to an extent but more on local comp like NW200 ... Not all riders do roads

Still a great achievement for Kris though

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I do not miss the point at all, and agree they should get official and public congratulations from our "powers"

Cess

RMS Staff
There was call for a reception for Johnny Rea. But bear in mind as soon as the season finished, he was back out testing a new bike for Kawasaki and after that, his wife had another child. It might well be Johnny Rea hasn't had time or its the least of his priorities.

We recognise all achievements here!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Probably because they are winning titles :p
even the unknown lads who are average local to me get coverage in the weekly rag so that comment is invalid

but then the editor of my local rag is a bike nut which explains it lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.