strip of metal needed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
bit random, but basically im after a strip of metal around 4cm x 15cm, about 1 or 2mm thick. needs to be strong though, not flexible. its to attach a handsfree phone cradle too.
anyone have any scrap lying around?

Marc

RMS Moderator
think its £10 for the attachment that fits in beside the std radio from carphonewarehouse when i got one last year :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
aye, but its Lyons here. im just after a bit of metal + im going to DIY one ;) :p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol, i am indeed tight as a kite. why spend £10 on something when it can be made for free though?!

ill maybe phone CPW tomorrow but, if i cant get a bit of metal i dont want to have to drill into the trim.

tried that site there Graham, but to no avail.

Marc

RMS Moderator
the CPW thing screws into the side of the din slot, and leaves room for your cage and HU to still fit in :grinning:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Ill get you a piece 40x150mm if you like young chap. I think we have bright mild steel lying about somewhere-not sure on thickness tho!! Will check tomorrow!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
thwey would have been my first port of call, but andy sorted me out with 3 different strips to work with today there.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
i am indeed :grinning:

havetn tried yet. will look later on and see.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.