Strut Braces

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cormac

RMS Regular
Is there any make or model that you'd pick?? Im looking at a sparco one for the nova, its ajustable, anyone got experence with them?

Cheers

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
pablo said:
had a sparco on my fiat - good fit and looked spanky :grinning:

i have one on my golf - as pablo says, good fit, and looks spanky - not much else - well, no major diff anyway....

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
How easy are they to fit? Could a complete eejit like me fit em?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
MK3 Lad said:
can u screw about 5-6 bolts and open ur bonnet/boot?

aye, but you may need to drill through your mounts.... and you wont do that with your black and decker....

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
My bro had front upper and lower on his GTI, waste of time, look good tho!

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
ompma1615.jpg

Think im gonna buy one of these OMP FIA aproved ones, Cheap as chips and look very smart, also ajustable!!!!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
It does look good but it also makes a difference to the handling. I got mine from SEAT but i believe its made by MOMO. Very easily fitted.

aaron_m

RMS Regular
the ka felt a wee bit tighter after i fited the strut brace on it, even better with uprated shocks and springs. :grinning:

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
It really depends on the car, small cars and older cars will usually benefit more as they arent as "taught" (sp) from the factory whereas on the likes of the Focus its just adding weight to the car...

MarkOne

RMS Regular
didnt realise this scrob spose my mk6 fez will b the same then as i was offered a custom one made by a mate for the front? only other company doin them is fusion fabrication at the mo i think! tho bak to topic a lot of people seem to go OMP on struts braces...never heard ought bad myself!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Food for thought - apparently the rear upper brace makes a big difference on the focus - put the money down for one in October in a fookin group buy and it still aint arrived and I cant get the sponditos back and now Im selling the car, grrrrrrrrrr lol :x

pablo

RMS Moderator
Gambit said:
u should have put the money towards a set of uprated Anti Roll bars. they make a hell of a difference!!

it doesnt look bling tho ;)

<<btw I have one too ;)>>

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.