Strut spacers

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Need some suggestions on where to source fairly thick material for a set of strut spacers for the mx5. I'm going to do a gravel targa in Wales at the end of July and I need some extra ride height. I had looked into getting longer struts made up but that ended up not working for various reasons.
This is the profile I need at 35mm thickness. I could get a thinner sheet I guess and laminate it up to make a 35mm sandwich if I cant get anything 35mm thick.

Edit, should have said that ideally, I'd want aluminium but something like nylon would probably do.

Last edited:
Reactions: IL

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I presume you have the CAD model?

I could get these waterjet from aluminium or Delrin if you want. As the profile isn’t important there isn’t any point milling them.

Might have to cut from 40mm plate and skim them down though.

FM155

RMS Regular
OP
FM155
Drives
Alfa 155
That would be great David. Yep, I have a step file of the model or a V5 if that suits better. I'll PM you here. (y)

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I did the welsh enduro back in 2006 in a saxo. Sump guard was battered. Brilliant event and would love the time to get back into the them

FM155

RMS Regular
OP
FM155
Drives
Alfa 155
Ooooh Yes! Brilliant David, I'll get up to you this week as I have to visit Brookfab at some point too.