Subaru Impreza STI 330s

Gambit

RMS Regular
So the next project has arrived.

Had seen this car come up for sale a few times over the last year but one for reason it just never fell for me, didnt help with the car being out in Newtownstewart. Long n short is, i got a call from Ali Burrows telling me it was now in SJ Davidsons car sales Dungannon if i was still interested. so that made it a bit closer, went had a look and bought it

Subaru Impreza STI 330S
1 of 179 Reg'd in UK

330s came with following upgrades over std STI

330ps (326bhp) 350lbft
Recaro Interior
Sat Nav/DVD headunit
Factory rear tints
Keyless entry, push button start/stop
2nd cat delete
Prodrive rear silencer

previous owner had ditched the Prodrive rear silencer in favour of 2 ridiculous straight through exits (n) so managed to at least pick up the Remus optional extra backbox for it

The all important bit, the car has rebuilt forged bottom end by Ali Burrows in May 2014. full rebuild along with Omega pistons, RCM gaskets & ARP headstuds (y)(y)

My plans for it
  • STI full mesh front upper grill
  • STI lower front splitter
  • Prodrive springs (-15mm)
  • Prodrive mudflaps
  • 15mm spacers all round
  • rear light overlays
  • map obviously!!
bodywork is in need of a serious TLC, looks to have been brush washed all its life - needs front bumper painted also

private plate is being returned but have purchased a 3305 reg that should look well on it i hope!

Only a few pics to get the topic started :grinning:

front.jpg
front2.jpg
rear.jpg
recaro2.jpg
recaro3.jpg

getting the "out in the sticks" grime/dirt steam cleaned off the underside of it
SteamClean.png

oil change with the old car - sold but not collected yet

oil.jpg
oil2.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Think I saw this advertised ... Absolutely brilliant scoob!!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
I really like the hatch shape! Interior looks nice too! Much difference in the drive of the two of them?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Been waiting patiently for this thread. Awesome choice Craig!!

What are you expecting from the map? At least you know any subtle gains will be safe after Ali has worked his magic on it.!

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Looking good. Always liked the hatchback shape of these. Dont see too many about !

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Excellent choice, interior is much fresher looking than previous models.

Hatch is a great looking car (y)

Is there anything that can be done with the rear lights, possibly darken them in some way?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

Is there anything that can be done with the rear lights, possibly darken them in some way?

The USDM units are much nicer but have to be modified to pass MOT.

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
I really like the hatch shape! Interior looks nice too! Much difference in the drive of the two of them?

completely different to the newage shape. Steering is a lot lighter but overall it's a nicer car to drive & sit in imo

Been waiting patiently for this thread. Awesome choice Craig!!

What are you expecting from the map? At least you know any subtle gains will be safe after Ali has worked his magic on it.!

I'd be hoping to get around 370bhp/400lbft but need to speak to Bob to see what the craic is!

Yep have the red outer n smoked centre overlays already just haven't them on yet

IMG_3894__63759.1388377060.1280.1280.JPG

The USDM units are much nicer but have to be modified to pass MOT.

Just the red inner fog piece on boot is different? which can be had for £70 from subaru

gsmith

RMS Regular
Don't know how I missed this Craig. Looks fantatsic hopfully get a good look round it at some stage. Best colour for the hatch and the upgraded seats for the 330 are fantastic. (y)

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Been about 4wks ive been driving it now and its been great, cracking car to drive. Still amazed at the mpg difference between it and the newage for both having the same engine

Prodrive springs have been purchased (cheers graham) so will get them fitted in coming week or so

Upper sport sti grill also purchased, currently getting painted, suspicion it might look a bit weird without the lower splitter but thatll just force my hand into buying it sooner lol

Need to get light overlays on also

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks great mate; it's refreshing to see people still buying Subaru's despite everyones current love for European hatches! Not dying about the wheels though I must admit!

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Looks great mate; it's refreshing to see people still buying Subaru's despite everyones current love for European hatches! Not dying about the wheels though I must admit!

Wheels are a bit marmite, but they are the BBS Forged STI wheels - not to be confused with the similar Enkei STI rims! hoping a bit of lowerage & spacers will help them, they look lost in the wheel arches currently - plus the std 330s wheels are terrible as seen here http://images.car.bauercdn.com/upload/12170/images/1040x585/subaruimpreza1.jpg

Excellent choice @Gambit (y) health to drive !
What is pete driving now ? is his bug away ?

Cheers Si, yeah Pete sold the bug and is now driving my old Spec D (y)

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Wheels are a bit marmite, but they are the BBS Forged STI wheels - not to be confused with the similar Enkei STI rims! hoping a bit of lowerage & spacers will help them, they look lost in the wheel arches currently - plus the std 330s wheels are terrible as seen here http://images.car.bauercdn.com/upload/12170/images/1040x585/subaruimpreza1.jpg

Cheers Si, yeah Pete sold the bug and is now driving my old Spec D (y)

Well they definitely look 1000 times better than the standard 330S wheels thats for sure!

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Grill swapped over to STI sport grill, red pin stripe idea i stole of the yanks

its now crying out for the STI front lower splitter so thats been ordered (y) along with the prodrive springs to drop it a bit which ive already collected but not fitted.

still waiting on my 330S plate being transferred, and need to get the rear light overlays

20150818_194829.jpg
20150818_194855.jpg
20150818_194913.jpg
20150818_194939.jpg
20150818_195257.jpg