Subaru Owners Ireland Charity Run: Saturday 12th September

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Short notice this but didn't see it in the event section so thought I'd post as it's something some may be interested in. I know nothing more than what's below which is a direct lift from Facebook:

12002744_1677437195826219_2862353372405922416_n.jpg

Subaru Owners Ireland Charity Run Saturday 12th September in aid of Deafblind Archer, John ‘Johnboy’ Nicholl.

Subaru Owners Ireland is hosting a charity car run in support of Ballycastle Deafblind archer, John (Johnboy) Nicholl. John is profoundly deaf and severely visually impaired, and recently achieved 3rd place in the British Indoor Championships and competes in next month’s British Outdoor Championships. John aims to participate in two important competitions early in 2016, and qualify for the World Championships later that year. Johnboy says “My ultimate goal is to compete in the Paralympic games in Japan 2020”.

Currently ranked 3rd in the UK, John self-funds all his archery activities, and Subaru Owners Ireland and Subaru’s Northern Ireland dealer network are proud to support such a dedicated athlete and worthy cause.

Norman McCudden, Project Manager, Deafblind NI explained “It is a costly activity for an athlete with a combined sight and hearing impairment. It takes a team of four to train together in between competitions and travel to compete at the actual championships. We are extremely grateful to the Subaru Owners Club and Subaru UK for supporting John, it will make all the difference to his chances of success”

“We admire John’s talent, dedication and hard work” said Des Eastwood of Eastwood Motors Lisburn “And are delighted to be involved with such a worthwhile local cause. We will do all we can to assist Subaru Owners Ireland maximise fundraising from this event and help Johnboy to realise his Olympic dream”.

The Subaru Owners event takes in key stages of the Circuit of Ireland, and Ulster Rallies. Drivers will set off from the 3 Subaru Northern Ireland dealers in Enniskillen, Dungannon and Lisburn before heading to picturesque Co Down and taking in the Ring of Gullion stage of the Ulster Rally and Spelga Dam, breaking at the Anti-gravity Road then heading out to the Hamilton's Folly stage of the Circuit of Ireland. The event will conclude at Eastwood Motors in Lisburn with a family fun day and entertainment.

All funds raised during the event will go towards helping Johnboy to get closer to his Paralympic dream, and there will be a raffle with prizes including Subaru Rally jackets, a Subaru rally car passenger ride, Subaru rally driving experience, “Concourse D’Elegance” prizes for best turned out Subaru at each start point, and much more.

Participants are welcome from across the UK and Ireland, entries cost £10 per vehicle. You can follow the event and post your pictures on Facebook/Subaru NI.

***Colin McRae memorial and 20 year anniversary of L555 BAT winning the WRC | Facebook

Last edited:

Chris0

RMS Regular
Might go for a run upto this if it's a decent day.

Had a flyer put under the wiper in Ballynahinch last weekend for it.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
OP
Paddy_R
90 or so have pre registered for this already so should be a decent enough turn out if even 50% turn up. I'll be there if it's dry.

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
I was there on Saturday...I believe the number was 78 altogether....was a good day out and the rain mostly stayed away. Left Eastwoods in Lisburn for Slieve Gullion Forest Park.....drove the Forest Drive before heading to Spelga Dam then onwards to Castlewellan for a halt before onto Circuit of Ireland stage "Hamiltons Folly" then returning to Lisburn in late afternoon.

Chris0

RMS Regular
I was a little hungover and didn't get up in time for it.

Hope it was a good day for everyone that attended

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
OP
Paddy_R
I got up, looked out the window and say it was tipping it down so went back to bed again. Only to find when I did finally emerge the sun was splitting the trees! Bloody NI weather.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
This drove past my work was nice to see such good sounding metal drive past at a sensible pace lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.