Subframe Painting

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Currently have a subframe that needs painted. It's been wire wheeled to get the surface rust off and it will be epoxy primered as a base. What's the most durable final coat finish? I don't mind brushing or spraying it on. Can do either

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Treat with rust inhibitor and then do it with either Dinitrol 4941 or Raptor/Cobra/Tough Ox bed liner type product.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Treat with rust inhibitor and then do it with either Dinitrol 4941 or Raptor/Cobra/Tough Ox bed liner type product.

Ive used Dinitrol 4941 under my mx5 and its great stuff. Do you sell it Graham? ill have to stock up on some more

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I done the front subframe of my m3 with jotun 90 epoxy mastic (straight onto bare metal) which has added aluminium flake for galvanising properties and within an hour of finishing, I then hit it 2 pack black paint.

You honestly would have thought it had been professionally powder coated. My dad was that converted he bought 5 litres of jotun for his project, it’s used for painting oil rigs, so should protect your subframe.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
I have lechlar epoxy primer which is similar stuff. Also have some deox gel so il start with it, then the lechlar then possibly some of the bed liner that woodcutter suggested.

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
If your close to portadown and don't have bushes in it yet I can get it shotblasted, é coated and then powdered if you want. No charge

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
If your close to portadown and don't have bushes in it yet I can get it shotblasted, é coated and then powdered if you want. No charge

Very kind of you but the bushes are in it and I'm up in Portstewart. Have it wire wheeled and the paint/ underseal should do the trick. It's not going on anything fancy.

Thanks again though 👍