Sunroof Installation

feckers

RMS Regular
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any companies or individuals in NI who can install a sunroof on a vehicle?

Thanks.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Dying art there, is it a replacement or actually cutting for one? It’s been years from Iv see that done. You could try my windscreen man Peter- 07831 697332 and he could atleast point you in the right direction if he can’t do it. Tell him Fred have you his number.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Depends what car as I assume an insurance company will want/need a structural report

feckers

RMS Regular
OP
F
Dying art there, is it a replacement or actually cutting for one? It’s been years from Iv see that done. You could try my windscreen man Peter- 07831 697332 and he could atleast point you in the right direction if he can’t do it. Tell him Fred have you his number.
It's to replace a vent that is already installed, so roof is partially cut already. Thanks for the contact details (y)

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
To replace one of these vents? 👀

Screenshot_20220119-132408_Chrome.jpg

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The old style glass sunroofs that people fitted to cars back in the day were pretty straightforward, but I don't know if that's the sort you mean?
If it is, then skills are basically the same as fitting a roof hatch in a campervan conversion.

feckers

RMS Regular
OP
F
I would hope not!
Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of touching that!

The old style glass sunroofs that people fitted to cars back in the day were pretty straightforward, but I don't know if that's the sort you mean?
If it is, then skills are basically the same as fitting a roof hatch in a campervan conversion.
Yes, straightforward old skool glass sunroof is all that is required - straightforward enough.