Sunstrip

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
Can ne 1 shed some light on the legality of sunstrips,so i dont get pulled by the scum!! Cheers

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
im therefore allowed a sunstrip thats no bigger than max. 2cm!!! lol **** that!!!!! 10 inches will do me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
get an interior tinted sunstrip but nothing too deep - looks cack and pointless

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
or get some 3 inch wipers lol and have a pointless massive sunstrip :p

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
i put one on it neway lol i bought window tint outa halfruds a while ago n aint used it as i cnt remove my door cards, so i decided to cut it up n make my own little creations lol check em out on my profile pics! looks alrite like! neway scum will be doin me for em coz its 10" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: lol

smokey 1

RMS Regular
I have under the window tint and the guy in the MOT centre told me he should really be failing me for, as the wiper blades were at a higher level than the bottom of the tint, but he let it go this time.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
smokey 1 said:
I have under the window tint and the guy in the MOT centre told me he should really be failing me for, as the wiper blades were at a higher level than the bottom of the tint, but he let it go this time.

nice wan, some mot-ers r right fockers

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
personally on the 106 the sunstrip allowed by law is stupidly small because the wipers basically are about an inch away fro the top of the windscreen so i thought sod it it is gonna be ilegal anyway so went for a nice big one made out of tint

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
yip daves106 mine is the exact same only mine isnt even an inch lolill take some pics with the wipers up n show ya'll lol ****** pathetic lol!!! n u said u put window tint on but on the inside? i put window tint on but on the out side lol did i do it wrong? lol

MarkOne

RMS Regular
daves106 said:
personally on the 106 the sunstrip allowed by law is stupidly small because the wipers basically are about an inch away fro the top of the windscreen so i thought sod it it is gonna be ilegal anyway so went for a nice big one made out of tint

fez mk6 is identical, id manage a half inch strip lol, dont want one anyway tho!

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
As boydie says if your going to get any type of sunstrip get a tinted one that goes on the inside of the window, therefore not affecting the wipers and you can see traffic lights through it.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Wiper are there for a reason....to clear the windscreen for better visiblilty.

You put a big sunstrip on (whether it be on the inside or not) you have in effect invaded that suggested clear way...thus impeding your vision....therefore making it illegal.

As for tinted sunstrips on the inside....they look tacky. And are still illegal as the windscreen aint allowed any sort of tint.

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
big words n all as if he no's wot hes talkin about :p lol om ya!!! so ither way u cant get round it fullstop! lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.