Super Unleaded NI

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
@GT_MAXER

I would just buy this for as and when needed - its what I use for the drag days
no i use that and have done so for the last few years, but id rather get straight from pump. the 530bhp currently loves the UK 98RON so 99 would be even better. Even with loads of NF in i still see on the logs some knock retard at times. i just wanted to compare loads of NF with 97 vs 99RON on the Syvec logs.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
no i use that and have done so for the last few years, but id rather get straight from pump. the 530bhp currently loves the UK 98RON so 99 would be even better. Even with loads of NF in i still see on the logs some knock retard at times. i just wanted to compare loads of NF with 97 vs 99RON on the Syvec logs.
I bought some of the Exocet Octimax to add to SUL to bring it to 99. One of few companies when asked were actually able to provide evidence for their claims.

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
outside of having to drive all the way to loughbrickland, is there anywhere else that is even doing 98RON or will i have to get all the Jars ready to go on a roadtrip.
alot of the GO stations are doing 98. can confirm better timing control on it compared to the likes of bp97

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
alot of the GO stations are doing 98. can confirm better timing control on it compared to the likes of bp97

Does it say on the pump? Nearest GO to me would be Belfast City Centre but on the other hand, my car goes rightly enough with BP SUL :joy:

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
boys it wont make a difference if you go higher octane unless your car or ECU is programmed for it im sure yous all know this, for example my 500 ive mapped more timing in it, if the fuel isnt high enough octane i see it retard timing to suit. most cars are setup with that specific octane or fuel so say 97 your timing and boost is set for this, putting a higher octane in they will still give this boost and timing in each cell (unless its setup in them somewhere to advance). it may feel slightly better etc purely because of a better fuel burn rate or nicer timing curve.

if i can get 99 i can advance my timing of boost a bit more and still not get any knock which would be great.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
My map is switchable between 3 options so would be beneficial but I wont get my knickers in a twist if I can't get 98ron consistently

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Got sorted thanks. Won’t be putting 99 in my car again due to previous experiences with other sites.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Got sorted thanks. Won’t be putting 99 in my car again due to previous experiences with other sites.
What happened? I`m running 99 from Loughbrickland and its no issue at all the only issues is its 12 mile away from me.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Me neither. Not that I can put 100% blame on the 99, but mels S3 was properly stuttering on boost, then nearly all the time. First step was new spark plugs. They were stinking. They had been done 20k ago (hence not blaming fuel 100%) but the mechanic said it was that for sure. And he's had loads of similar customers.
Maybe it's VAG specific problem but I'm not willing to take the chance, even though my car can run on 99 I'll stick with 97ron.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What happened? I`m running 99 from Loughbrickland and its no issue at all the only issues is its 12 mile away from me.

It’s all documented in the 99 thread but long story short I got dirty fuel from comber which resulted in me having to replace my LPFP and HPFP amongst other things.

I’ve seen discolouration in tips of spark plugs in other cars that have been affected as well which I’ll ask permission first before I share.

Not saying don’t use it. Others have logged their results and are seeing the benefit. I was just unlucky but not worth the risk for me.