Supercar Dream Rides - Sunday 2nd September 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
The girlfriend remarked that she really liked the all black Aventador which really surprised and pleased me as she usually dislikes modern stuff - and because I love the Aventador. Who'd have though that a trip to Supercar Sunday could even strengthen a relationship? :joy: I must gently work on her absence of Countach appreciation! 8-(

Last edited:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Took the boys up a quick rattle some lovely stuff about although I think it ran better from the sprucefield park and ride? Maybe just me...

Was a lot of just normal traffic and shoppers amongst it all

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Would’ve gone if I knew there was going to be an Aventador :worried:.
You never go anywhere...

I took part and it was great fun, the route wasn't great as it was busy as ****, there were a fair few reports of police activity however I did not see any, the people who offered their cars ended up barely doing any runs. I did 6/7 runs I think in the 2 hours I was there -- I was running 115deg oil/gearbox so I did stop for a while to let the car cool down a bit and also get a drink for myself.

The route back in was a pain. The queue was mental. You ended up spending 15-20m each run because of the queue. First were were clear but the last 4/5 were mental. I had mostly kids who were in awe of the car and I must say very respectful about getting in/out etc. Credit to their parents compared to some of the complete animals at Ferrari@Friends.

I'll most likely do it again next year if I've still got a Supercar. ;)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ha, I tried to get your attention but you were too busy talking to supercar owners :worried:.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I dont have a supercar 8o| but went along for a bit of fun in the Exige as have done the event before and always enjoyed it. I would echo what @WSM says really as it was super busy and a real pain getting back in from the carrageway just took ages sat in traffic.
I only did about 5 runs as my exhaust connection to the back box was coming loose so it was sounding a bit *****. Plenty of people keen for a run out thou and I think they could have done with more cars to take people out as they had more people who had bought tickets than they had cars available, so people were queuing for quite a while waiting. Did spy the police with the hair dryer on the bridge at about 3.20pm when I left, didnt see them at all before that thou.
Hope nobody got caught.....

Last edited:

roy woods

RMS Member
Drives
westfield
I took part in my little "supercar".........the police were on the bridge before the turn-off into Banbridge for a few hours.....hopefully I avoided them. I was told a blue R8 driver was done for 96mph.....clearly a jobsworth section of the PSNI. previously at Sprucefield events we were just warned to be "sensible" and anyone who was way over the top or dangerous would have been booked but probably deserved it. I did 7 runs and it was a pain getting back in which really held things up.....didnt' think the overall organisation was particularly good and no coffee or tea for drivers!! However I appreciate the guys on the ground were doing their best to control things and were volunteers so was happy to drive from Belfast and assist where I could.....there didnt seem to be enough cars. The kids always like an open top so I was able to keep a few of them happy.....and the posher supercars would struggle to demonstrate 11000 rpm! :grinning:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
So what’s your problem with a driver getting ticketed for 96mph? Because it’s a charity event the Road Traffic Order doesn’t matter?@roy woods?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@roy woods so it was your wee blue weapon then, most impressive car for me there, it looked and sounded amazing. What’s the spec on it? I’d seriously consider something like that as my weekend toy in a few years.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I took part in my little "supercar".........the police were on the bridge before the turn-off into Banbridge for a few hours.....hopefully I avoided them. I was told a blue R8 driver was done for 96mph.....clearly a jobsworth section of the PSNI. previously at Sprucefield events we were just warned to be "sensible" and anyone who was way over the top or dangerous would have been booked but probably deserved it. I did 7 runs and it was a pain getting back in which really held things up.....didnt' think the overall organisation was particularly good and no coffee or tea for drivers!! However I appreciate the guys on the ground were doing their best to control things and were volunteers so was happy to drive from Belfast and assist where I could.....there didnt seem to be enough cars. The kids always like an open top so I was able to keep a few of them happy.....and the posher supercars would struggle to demonstrate 11000 rpm! :grinning:
The sheer thrill and experience of being taken out for a blast in a fast bike engined westy would be on a different level even to the supercars. The supercars would be tame in comparison......

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@roy woods is this your car?

997CC087-20C9-46A4-8D40-08CE791CD409.jpeg

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Wasn't me. I wonder was it the dude in the San Marino car :worried:
If he was done for 96 then he must have doing over 100 indicated on the speedo, which in a 60 limit is pushing the envelope a bit too much with the police. When I was leaving the San Marino R8 was in front of me and that was when the hair dryer was out and he wasnt doing anything near 100 coming up to the bridge where police where standing. Unless he got caught subsequently to that but he should have seen them the first time and known.....

roy woods

RMS Member
Drives
westfield
@roy woods so it was your wee blue weapon then, most impressive car for me there, it looked and sounded amazing. What’s the spec on it? I’d seriously consider something like that as my weekend toy in a few years.
It’s a 1400cc bored out Suzuki hayabusa engine in a lightweight race chassis ...dynoed at 210 bhp when built.good fun easily maintained toy...built for hill climbing but I don’t have the time for competition.

roy woods

RMS Member
Drives
westfield
So what’s your problem with a driver getting ticketed for 96mph? Because it’s a charity event the Road Traffic Order doesn’t matter?@roy woods?
I have no problem with the 96 mph ticket however in previous events we were warned by the PSNI that the speed gun would be out....wasn’t aware of any warning this time but may be wrong.

Ideally events like this should be on closed road sections...need to find somewhere suitable...or a track ideally.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I have no problem with the 96 mph ticket however in previous events we were warned by the PSNI that the speed gun would be out....wasn’t aware of any warning this time but may be wrong.

Ideally events like this should be on closed road sections...need to find somewhere suitable...or a track ideally.
Plenty of warnings at the driver briefing(y) Maybe you missed that.

Last edited:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Renis do you ever take a bad picture!!! Amazing as always. Looks to have been a great event.
Ha ha, of course I do, but thank you very much, appreciate the kind words my friend. It was a great day indeed. If anything the Exige and Caterham was where I'd love to have been a passenger in.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.