Supercar Sunday Air Ambulance NI and NI Hospice 15/08/2021

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
No photos as battery was dying but some turn out and some serious plant although the r32 gtr still is hard to beat and I was besotted with the white sls as that would be my first purchase after a lottery win

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Not long back from this. A lot more car’s at it than I expected there to be and some very nice ones at that. Some very questionable “supercars” in the line up.

Serious turnout, which is great for the charity and overall an enjoyable Sunday afternoon out.

Disappointed that I couldn’t get a run in one of the cars, card machine died and I didn’t have enough cash on me.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I thought that was really good and a solid foundation to improve next year or whatever. One of the highlights to me was one of the lambos coming round a corner sideways with a passenger. What a hero lol.

Martyn

RMS Regular
I couldn’t believe the number of people there.

Good basis of a yearly event but I think they need to think a little more about how to arrange the show-car’s and how the public views them.

Was a little surprised the cars went out on the track with the pit lane barriers open and the public still crossing.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Not long back myself, some serious machinery at it and being driven properly, also some random stuff like Golfs gti’s? Lots of M cars too trying to have a go at the big stuff.

Stand out cars for pace where the mclarens, those 720s are seriously fast. Best sounding was the matt black Ferrari f12 berlinetta and of course the r8 v10s are always impressive, litchfield GTR was also quick and the grey tuned R32. Would definitely go back next year.
Some phone pics

198747A9-6BF2-4C1F-8228-FEF29101EB11.jpeg
B4BF08EC-7AEF-476D-9E0C-A12B83C1B678.jpeg
5245EE18-6DBB-4F3B-A421-922E22A6E6FD.jpeg
54DE2A89-EE9E-4F8C-8FC1-C2459CBA2326.jpeg
F7004E88-AB3C-4618-BE8A-502A52092EDE.jpeg
248447DE-0514-4A05-B6B4-61D7478A8B85.jpeg
D210C20F-4A5A-4468-9E09-321EF5514BC6.jpeg
4DC82A09-BBBA-4A42-BF3D-B10EE5AFB43A.jpeg
8BDD595F-3539-43DE-84AC-0C7C4721F5FD.jpeg
45693A03-DBC6-4158-919C-87AD0186A744.jpeg
450E03CF-953F-44E4-8521-87333CDD0722.jpeg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve a few fly by videos but can’t seem to upload them

carson555

RMS Regular
Great day out and fantastic crowd.

Better organisation for the track would be an improvement, but can appreciate they probably weren’t expecting today’s turnout.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Great day out and fantastic crowd.

Better organisation for the track would be an improvement, but can appreciate they probably weren’t expecting today’s turnout.
Exactly my thoughts it was great in principle but the paddock layout / organisation wasn't particularly on point with regards to cars coming in and out and pedestrian safety. That aside, some absolutely amazing machinery, especially that Enzo...colour imo is lovely.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Looked to be a great day out although I don’t get some cars heading out on the track.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Looked to be a great day out although I don’t get some cars heading out on the track.
Purely for the crack I’d say and sure why the hell not.
I was there with my mates 14 year old son and he immediately B lined for the old Skylines, barely even looked at anything else

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Wasn't expecting to see so many cars at it. Must've been a good amount raised for the charities. One way to improve would be a way of getting the public in and out of the pit area without having to close the track

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Would that not require a footbridge? Can’t see the owners forking out for that.

KevM

RMS Regular
Not if they are only doing single laps?

From memory, the pit exits to the end of the start/finish straight & there is a pit entry from the back chicane.

I don't know what layout they were using today but the carpark was always across the track before the pit exits?

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
No photos as battery was dying but some turn out and some serious plant although the r32 gtr still is hard to beat and I was besotted with the white sls as that would be my first purchase after a lottery win
I was chatting to the owner of the SLS, he was a really lovely guy. Opened it up and let me and my son get in to have a look around it. Gorgeous thing.
IMG_20210815_132323.jpg

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Would that not require a footbridge? Can’t see the owners forking out for that.

Ive a pedestrian bridge advertised on bridgesforsale.co.uk, would do the owners of the circuit a very fair deal in the name of motorsport if they ever decide to go down that route..

Gutted I missed this, some very impressive super cars but I have to admit I fall into the old skool category.

Good effort & hopefully it turns into an annual thing 👍🏼

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Not if they are only doing single laps?

From memory, the pit exits to the end of the start/finish straight & there is a pit entry from the back chicane.

I don't know what layout they were using today but the carpark was always across the track before the pit exits?

Yes that was what they were doing today. Just seemed to take a long time. I appreciate the organisers where surprised at the volume of people today. Hopefully it'll become an annual event though.