Supercar Sunday at Hillsborough Oyster Festival - Sunday 6th September 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
It's a miracle there wasn't any accidents, there was a mountain of Sunday drivers out to get their plants from B&Q.

Also the young R drivers in their polos and replica Type Rs trying to race the GTR was very funny.

Enjoyed it whilst we were there though!

If it was held at a closed circuit it could be even better!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Was ok wouldn't be in a rush next year. Marshals not allowing anyone into the car park was annoying.

Loved marks Bentley.

Highlight for me was the e46 m3 flying up the outside lane with a gsx-r moving him to fly past on his back wheel.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Any videos of the atom yet? I took a lap past earlier on my way to belfast and was gutted i was busy. Looked like an interesting day out,the road was just lined with people taking videos

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
It walls a balls with traffic and getting in and out. The bidding for cars was a **** up. I'd say they would get more if they charged £20 and £10 and didn't have the auction as it took to long.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
It walls a balls with traffic and getting in and out. The bidding for cars was a **** up. I'd say they would get more if they charged £20 and £10 and didn't have the auction as it took to long.

Every time you near stopped I was trying to have a nosey into your motor lol

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Really enjoyed today, saw plenty of RMS'ers cars.

Suprised nobody got hit running across the road as cars were launching out of the roundabout.

Someone get pulled in by police heading towards the second roundabout? Saw blue lights and a big tailback.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Really enjoyed today, saw plenty of RMS'ers cars.

Suprised nobody got hit running across the road as cars were launching out of the roundabout.

Someone get pulled in by police heading towards the second roundabout? Saw blue lights and a big tailback.

Looked like an orange M5. Saw it just as we were leaving.

warren

RMS Photographer
I took a lot of photos and videos, will get them sorted and up tomorrow, still editing the stuff from the airshow today lol

Really really enjoyed it though, the noise of some of the stuff through the tunnel :laughing:

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
One thing they need to do is cone and cordon off about 50 meters where the cars enter and leave from. The amount of people just stepping out with zero awareness was unreal.

Great the weather stayed good for it. Looking forward to seeing how much was raised.

Topmark

RMS Regular
Never knew so many participants took part in this. Best thing to do was park up on hard shoulder just as they come off the roundabout, great sounds.

Totally agree with @acsmyth. Track and simple show and shine would be great.

Well done organisers, participants and Charles Hurst.

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
One thing they need to do is cone and cordon off about 50 meters where the cars enter and leave from. The amount of people just stepping out with zero awareness was unreal.

Great the weather stayed good for it. Looking forward to seeing how much was raised.

Most of the marshals hadn't a clue,they were waving cars every direction,I think it was better when the cars left via the bottom the way it was years ago.

Casadalloro

RMS Regular
Drives
alfa, maserati
Enjoyed it but traffic was bonkers... Some shocking driving though.... Cars driving up A1 in outside lane not pulling in and idiots not involved trying to race us!! Its an open road... Dont do it or sign up and help the charity...

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Enjoyed it but traffic was bonkers... Some shocking driving though.... Cars driving up A1 in outside lane not pulling in and idiots not involved trying to race us!! Its an open road... Dont do it or sign up and help the charity...

To be honest, the fact that it is even allowed to go ahead on a busy public road on a Sunday baffles me in this day and age with all the Health and Safety and Risk Assessment stuff!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Went up for a nosey towards the end and saw some lovely motors giving it the message, great to see them being used the way they should be. There was some idiot Sunday drivers there too though definitly surprised there wasn't an accident. The atom was very impressive as was the powder blue kit car, very quick!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hold it at a track, fixed prices for runs in cars and run a simple show and shine.

That would be an awesome day out.
Is it not part of the Oyster festival which is why it is held at Sprucefield?

56oval

RMS Regular
You have to laugh at the Sunday driver comments, its Sunday afterall. Those guys have as much right to be dawdling about as those going for a blast to earn a few sheckles for charity, its an event based around the use of open public roads, deal with it or move it to a racetrack or non public road or work with the authorities to envoke a closure for the event.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Why can't they do it on a Sunday morning, when the roads are usually far quieter, or would Jesus get angry.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
You have to laugh at the Sunday driver comments, its Sunday afterall. Those guys have as much right to be dawdling about as those going for a blast to earn a few sheckles for charity, its an event based around the use of open public roads, deal with it or move it to a racetrack or non public road or work with the authorities to envoke a closure for the event.

I wasn't having a go at people driving on a Sunday.

It's just a term for people driving on a Sunday lol...I agree with you, it should be held on a track!

56oval

RMS Regular
Why can't they do it on a Sunday morning, when the roads are usually far quieter, or would Jesus get angry.
Jesus built my hot rod so on that basis he'd be in full approval of this time slot.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I'm talking about people changing lanes without indicating or looking in their mirrors and pulling out from junctions then taking 5 minutes to get up to 30mph, seem it a few times and I was only there for half an hour.....they were Sunday drivers though;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.