Supercar Sunday Weekend 2022

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Hi @nobby

Many thanks for coming over to get us from the parking area yesterday morning and really sorry I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you yesterday - was yours the Burnt Orange Exige? It was looking great too - bright colours definitely suit the Exige! Great to (all too briefly) meet you and the Elise owner too (someone else on here?)

We will hopefully get a another Lotus run out before the end of the summer - will post on here and on the NI Group on TLF - and hope you can get along to that too.
No, not my car i was riding shotgun ... that's Derek's car I think he is on here :grinning:
the other guy i was with Godfrey, thats his blue Elise. I do not think he is on here ...

I am not a Lotus owner ... but would head out with these guys on run outs etc

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - Thousands of supercar fans descended on County Down's Bishopscourt Racing Circuit for NI Supercar Sunday 2022, where some of the most exclusive road going metal was being put through their paces on track.

This was day two of the charity supercar event, kicking off the previous day at the North West 200 pits with a static show followed by a convoy, winding down the Northern Irish coast roads followed by a black tie dinner at the Slieve Donard Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Just went along to the Pits and had a look around, some lovely metal on show, the brand new 765LT Spyder was quite special to see in the metal.

Great to see so much money raised for two worthy charities.

My only criticism was with the GTR crew who thought it cool to sit revving and backfiring their cars, scaring the ***** out of every young kid nearby. I hear one of the organisers was ready to put them out for it, and rightly so, total pain in the arse.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah there was a bit of that going on and some of the bmw ones constantly at it too revving the nuts off them, my wee lad did jump a few times as just not used to it.

At a few stages there were too many cars out at once and treating like a race against eachother, 3 cars side by side down the straight at easy over 140mph then all piling in for the corner waiting to see who would let off first, could have went wrong very quickly but lucky enough nothing bad happened.

Black m3 and the mk2 rally car got politely told off for doing donuts aswell at the end, although my son thought that was the best part, said the rally car was his favourite 😜

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
That blue 812 was stunning and sounded amazing full chat down the straight!

What was the total raised over the weekend?

Is this a forum member? Great sounding car and was giving it full send on the track :cool:

1659428423756.png

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Is this a forum member? Great sounding car and was giving it full send on the track :cool:

View attachment 370476

I think he had more fun than some of the super cars. He ended up doing a full tank slap and didn’t slack either. Sounded really well

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I think he had more fun than some of the super cars. He ended up doing a full tank slap and didn’t slack either. Sounded really well

Did you see the black M5 (I think it was) spin out at the top end? Happened as we were leaving

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Did you see the black M5 (I think it was) spin out at the top end? Happened as we were leaving
White i20 span out in front of me in the SF90 on the 2nd corner, thankfully it went up the wrong part of the circuit!

neil-c

RMS Regular

View attachment 370476

This guy in the M3 was giving it the full send! He was quicker than most of the supercars he was out with!

And the guy in the white R8 was also flat out.

I had to leave at 2pm so she the first 6 or 7 rounds of passenger laps.

Good on the lad in the McLaren 765LT for getting out there- I was chatting to him earlier in the day and he only picked it up 3 weeks ago.

955Safety

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Was definitely good fun this year, got to take a good few people out again for laps that normally wouldn't be able to get into supercars :grinning: the smiles after and raising money is what its all about :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Think some are missing the point that the proceeds were going to charity.

That wasn't meant to be my point - my point was I would far rather donate my £100 to get a passenger ride in 812 than a m135i so I am just wondering if there were different prices depending on the car?

I couldn't get a passenger ride anyway as I had both kids

Not everyone there would have that spare cash to put their kids into a car for a lap (which I saw a number of children in cars)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It seemed that some cars were just let out on track anyway if you got into the paddock, no harm but I couldn’t see anyone paying £100 for a lap in a Hyundai i20n🤷‍♂️

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If you were in the paddock you got to do lap/s at the end from what I remember hearing from the commentator

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If you were in the paddock you got to do lap/s at the end from what I remember hearing from the commentator

That explains it then lol. The club cars got to do a lap too and then exit at the other end of the track, that reminds me that the slowest car of the day was probably the loudest of all, a 1.5 civic with a massive straight through pipe on her bai, foot to the floor the whole way.

955Safety

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
That wasn't meant to be my point - my point was I would far rather donate my £100 to get a passenger ride in 812 than a m135i so I am just wondering if there were different prices depending on the car?

I couldn't get a passenger ride anyway as I had both kids

Not everyone there would have that spare cash to put their kids into a car for a lap (which I saw a number of children in cars)
I was doing runs with parents and kids, come over next time (fingers crossed there is a next time) :grinning:

In regards to the passenger laps, I believe the first part of the supercars going out was passenger laps in the likes of ferraris, lambos etc (and me), then after 2:30 it was all cars in the paddock, then after it was club cars.

I got sent photos and messages of thanks after as I usually take people out who wouldn't be able to get into supers normally, either by restriction or they needed a parent for child protection. This is why I sign up each year to take passengers :grinning:

The photos below are of Rhys, he was such a trooper on the day! It was his first time out in any form of race car, and very first time on a track! He and his mum went around the track with Rhys in the front seat. I think his mum was more terrified about the lap than he was!

296780177_1133789533905229_310715951763028382_n.jpg

296940448_1113756015904579_7545767481953967322_n.jpg

DSC02776.jpg