supercharging

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
i kno i'll prob get slagged off for sayin this but.....

how much wud it cost roughly to supercharge my scoob?

it wud certainly be different....a 1.6 supercharged impreza

Dermot

I think Supercharging is somewhere in the region of £2.5k-£3K .. I'd be droppin a 2.0 turbo in ;)

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
was actually checkin out ebay a while ago...and there was an STI engine complete with turbo and ecu for 1.5K

but seriously....wot wud hav most work? supercharging or just droppin a 2.0litre in? cos will there not be a lot of other stuff u wud need to do to accomodate the 2.0?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
would it not be worth just keeping your mods and actually buying a turbo??? after all you would need the running gear too assuming yours is only front wheel drive not to mention labour costs and possible hiccups!

Dermot

coffey said:
was actually checkin out ebay a while ago...and there was an STI engine complete with turbo and ecu for 1.5K

but seriously....wot wud hav most work? supercharging or just droppin a 2.0litre in? cos will there not be a lot of other stuff u wud need to do to accomodate the 2.0?

A 2.0 Turbo Short engine can be got for £500 ... Then most of the stuff from a 1.6 will fit to that... Gearbox ? Depends if your running it 2wd or 4wd (Can also be made run RWD :twisted:grinning: Loom and ECU's aren't expensive cause there so plentyful (Alot of wrote of scoobys out there)..
So when your talkin £3k Min for a supercharged 1.6 or £1000 for a 2.0 Turbo... I'd be turbo'ing it .. And Maybe runnin it RWD while im at it ... You did say you wanted to be different :laughing:

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
Dermot said:
coffey said:

A 2.0 Turbo Short engine can be got for £500 ... Then most of the stuff from a 1.6 will fit to that... Gearbox ? Depends if your running it 2wd or 4wd (Can also be made run RWD :twisted:grinning: Loom and ECU's aren't expensive cause there so plentyful (Alot of wrote of scoobys out there)..
So when your talkin £3k Min for a supercharged 1.6 or £1000 for a 2.0 Turbo... I'd be turbo'ing it .. And Maybe runnin it RWD while im at it ... You did say you wanted to be different :laughing:

definitely can!! my mates got a 1.8 Legacy in RWD format!!! lethal craic!! lol

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
Dermot said:
coffey said:

where can u get an engine for £500....cheapest turbo engine i've seen for a scoob is lookin around £1.5K

Marc

RMS Moderator
coffey said:
Dermot said:
coffey said:

where can u get an engine for £500....cheapest turbo engine i've seen for a scoob is lookin around £1.5K

He did say short engine :grinning:

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
wot's a short engine?

wots the difference between that and a tall one? ;)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
you'd be safer getting a impreza turbo, or if if you cant afford that, a damaged one + find a mate who can panel beat

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
Lyons said:
you'd be safer getting a impreza turbo, or if if you cant afford that, a damaged one + find a mate who can panel beat

lol....now that u mention it. there was a damaged one in the autotrader last week.

£2K for the whole car...interior was mint, gearbox mint, engine mint, turbo mint

wud hav been gd to get if only i had 2K to buy it :worried:

Dermot

coffey said:
Lyons said:

lol....now that u mention it. there was a damaged one in the autotrader last week.

£2K for the whole car...interior was mint, gearbox mint, engine mint, turbo mint

wud hav been gd to get if only i had 2K to buy it :worried:

Borrow it ;) ... Brakes and wheels and whatever your not using can be sold on!!

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
steal the engine...turbo...gearbox...drive shafts...brakes and then sell the wheels and interior....sorted...lol

Dermot

Well thats stealing well over £2k's worth... lol... You could be a little less greedy and steal less make more money back :p

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Dermot said:
I think Supercharging is somewhere in the region of £2.5k-£3K .. I'd be droppin a 2.0 turbo in ;)

i heard it was more like 5 grand to supercharge!

Dermot

Depends Who were and What Car its for I think... I know of a lad that super Charged his 1.8 16V Vectra ... £2.5K for the kit and £500 to get a person to fit it.. And it still was slightly slower quarter mile than a 2.0 16V vectra ... Ohh and he could of got a 2.0 16V engine for £100 ... And saved himself a nice little £2,900 ... But try tell some people that!

Type-R-Steve

Banned
Trainers has about 18 scoobys the other week there that they are breaking.
Check'em out as i've no idea about prices etc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.