Surrender driving licence?

stevie_1

RMS Regular
Fathers driving licence is due to run out in a month, but with his recent medical problems was going to surrender it, does he just let current licence run out and not apply for new one, and that means it’s surrendered??
Or fill in the surrender licence form

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Fathers driving licence is due to run out in a month, but with his recent medical problems was going to surrender it, does he just let current licence run out and not apply for new one, and that means it’s surrendered??
Or fill in the surrender licence form

Pretty much. Probably the easiest solution to it.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Get him to seriously think about surrendering it . . .
Reason I say this is my mother said the same thing to me about 5 years ago, thankfully I managed to talk her out of it.
Since she suggested it my dad has had problems with his eyesight and also a hip replacement meaning she had to ferry him around to a not so local hospital for treatments etc, at the same time her sister fell and broke her wrist meaning she couldn’t drive to visit her husband who was in a care home.

might seem a little thing but it’s harder to get back if it’s surrendered.

stevie_1

RMS Regular
OP
S
Get him to seriously think about surrendering it . . .
Reason I say this is my mother said the same thing to me about 5 years ago, thankfully I managed to talk her out of it.
Since she suggested it my dad has had problems with his eyesight and also a hip replacement meaning she had to ferry him around to a not so local hospital for treatments etc, at the same time her sister fell and broke her wrist meaning she couldn’t drive to visit her husband who was in a care home.

might seem a little thing but it’s harder to get back if it’s surrendered.
He’s not fit to drive now, has no interest in it anymore and is on oxygen, has to carry the wee tanks everywhere, he can’t be bothered with the hassle Tbh
Do you need to fill in surrender form or just let current licence run out and not apply for new one ???
cheers

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Surrendering it means the old fella could never take speeding points for someone else.

So for that reason, surrendering it would be the best thing to do.

avo5021

RMS Regular
He’s not fit to drive now, has no interest in it anymore and is on oxygen, has to carry the wee tanks everywhere, he can’t be bothered with the hassle Tbh
Do you need to fill in surrender form or just let current licence run out and not apply for new one ???
cheers
I think it’s just a form to surrender and remove the entitlement if I remember correctly