Suzuki Thrill With the all new Vitara S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: The all-new Vitara has smaller dimensions to meet contemporary needs. It incorporates Suzuki’s cutting-edge ALLGRIP four wheel drive system and advanced safety and connectivity equipment, it also enables owners to express themselves through various personalising options and the Vitara faces healthy competition from the likes of the Renault Captur, pushing this segment further than ever for spec and ability.

The Vitara range offers a vast amount of options inside and out which makes up for a lack of engine choices, however this lack is a good thing I feel as it means that what’s on offer is tried, tested and proven to be a success which then keeps the reliability to a maximum.

There are two engines available on the non “S” models, both 1600cc one a petrol and one a diesel, the petrol produces 118bhp with 115lb/ft whilst the diesel gives the same bhp with a staggering 236lb/ft. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Big improvement, I think they look good.

Still wouldn't buy one though :party:.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I think that looks pretty good, like it in red too.

They've done away with the older Diesel engine then? Mother in law had a couple of the older models and i found them a bit of a pig to drive. Heavy clunky gear changes and at 70mph with only 5 greats it was almost crying for 6th.

Not to mention really uncomfortable on any sort of a journey.

From your review (which is great) this new model would seem a pretty new car all round.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The older versions came with live axles, low range boxes and separate chassis. So they weren't great on road (for their time I thought they were actually alright) but much more at home doing a bit of offroading and doing surprisingly heavy work for all the size of them. The market doesn't want that any more though, it wants the image of being 'outdoorsy' but not the actual ability. The worst it'll see is the speed bumps into Crawfordsburn. And for the most part the electronic gadgetry will do what 99% of what most people need it to anyway. The fact that there's a 2wd version says it all really - and I imagine it'll probably be the best seller too.

Fortunately Suzuki haven't entirely given up on building genuinely fun & capable 4x4's. They've still got the Jimny :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
The previous one was a proper off road capable brute.

This has moved with the times and all new engines etc. This 1400cc turbo petrol was quite enjoyable actually for what it is.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING IN THE THREAD TITLE! :p

Not a bad looking jeep, but the new Tucson and Sportage have it licked.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING IN THE THREAD TITLE! :p

Not a bad looking jeep, but the new Tucson and Sportage have it licked.
@Cooper why do i shout in the thread title :p

new sportage is a much nicer place to be than the tucson, they are however a lot more money and not in the same class of car as the vitara, this thing is mini SUV so up against 2008, yeti etc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.