Active Deal Tailored car mats

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
lmao, you guys can't expect £11-12 mats to last wearing work boots. You need rubber mats.

Got a set for the runabout here about 7 months ago. Tbh the rear of mine started to wear pretty quickly, but the top still looks like new and hasn't gotten any worse since.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
The Octavia ones I got from them where a lot better, probably because they had a heel pad on them. The Alhambra ones are definitely lower quality again. I wear trainers 95% of the time, no work boots.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
I just got a set yesterday for the 6 and they are that grey ribbed material...they are utter sheite and certainly wont be going in the car! The 3 sets I got at the end of last year were the smooth black ones with heel pads and they were a far better job. Sent a complaint email off to them so will see what they say.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I just got a set yesterday for the 6 and they are that grey ribbed material...they are utter sheite and certainly wont be going in the car! The 3 sets I got at the end of last year were the smooth black ones with heel pads and they were a far better job. Sent a complaint email off to them so will see what they say.

I can get you a set of proper fitted mats Marcus with the heel pad etc. I had them in my RS4 and have them in my van, and 15 months on and they're still in great condition.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Got a set of these three weeks ago - drivers one is near enough ready for the skip already :worried:

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Got a set of these three weeks ago - drivers one is near enough ready for the skip already :worried:
Mimes are the same. And that company won't be getting my money again, took two months to arrive when I got mine, and they were giving customers serious abuse on that hotukdeals topic.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The best set of mats I ever had were Halfords own brand cost £30 for the four. I bought them the day I got the Fiesta and they lasted 12 years, actually the rears are currently in the back of the Focus

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye they've changed since I first ordered them. Wouldn't bother any more unless you're looking cheapies to protect good mats from muck every now and again.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
lmao, you guys can't expect £11-12 mats to last wearing work boots. You need rubber mats.

Got a set for the runabout here about 7 months ago. Tbh the rear of mine started to wear pretty quickly, but the top still looks like new and hasn't gotten any worse since.

the entire concept of this being a "deal" is based on the fact that they are not £11-12 mats, they are much more expensive mats reduced in price to that. if they were £11 mats being sold for £11 it wouldnt be a deal it would just be normal. also its not like your kicking the mats it shouldnt matter and the heels of trainers or any shoe are hard as well and thats the part touching the mat so dont think work boots matter.

my drivers one has a ass hole worn right through the heel pad and everything.

hippyross

RMS Regular
^^^^ that's what they want you to think, they are probably £5 mats. Your not really getting double the price mats for half price they just put the rrp up and then half it, that's the way groupon and the likes work I should know I've done it.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
the entire concept of this being a "deal" is based on the fact that they are not £11-12 mats, they are much more expensive mats reduced in price to that. if they were £11 mats being sold for £11 it wouldnt be a deal it would just be normal. also its not like your kicking the mats it shouldnt matter and the heels of trainers or any shoe are hard as well and thats the part touching the mat so dont think work boots matter.

my drivers one has a ass hole worn right through the heel pad and everything.

@forde it wouldn't be the first link to a 'deal' in this section that wasn't actually a 'deal' where an item was significantly reduced, but just a decent price that people thought would be of interest to others...
Be honest you didn't actually buy these thinking that they were OEM quality for £11 did you now??

Your point about work boots vs trainers and heels not mattering isn't really valid either, as I know for one when I drive in steel toed boots my feet are heavier on the pedals etc than when I drive in trainers. Due to the lack of feel in boots, the much thicker sole and the sole being made of a much harder plastic...

Ps my mat is still fine lmao.
At the end of the day its £11, not £50+ for OEM.

If you're a cheap ass and bought cheap mats, don't whinge when they wear like cheap ass mats :laughing:

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm with forde. Whatever shoes you wear is irrelevant, all soles still have a "point" where the heel is digging into the mat. I've only worn suit shoes and trainers in mine, and they wore within 1,500 miles.

lmao, you guys can't expect £11-12 mats to last wearing work boots.

So should mine have worn better?

I do think quality must have changed since the early ones though. I bought mine based on initial reports of them being OEM like, however mine are not.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They have changed, I've bought a few sets and the newer ones are crap in comparison hence why the 350 got OEM ones instead.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
LOL!! Amazing how everyone who posted in the first page or 2 in this thread were raving about these "value" car mats and how great the quality of them is... then in the later pages there was a complete U turn in the opinion on them after a few weeks/month of ownership....

£11 or £14...whatever, they are cheap for a reason - they're made with low quality inferior materials compared to the OEM ones

It's like buying those "genuine fake" raybans and expecting them to give the same quality of UV protection as the £130 real MCoys - it's NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

I'm surprised you got caught out with these @Lyons

As the old saying goes "you get for what you pay for"

81a7aa8e69919c7507f116d05de3ee81bdc0fc33d8d5509a195be936bb1c5f0d.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
^o)

The first few that appeared on here were decent though, and worth more than the £11 cost. Hence everyone else ordering them. It would be different if they'd all been crap.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Flip me.

The reason for the change in opinion was due to a shift in the actual quality. Before they were actually very good value, hence the good reviews. Now they're as expected for a tenner a set.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I would still order them if I need a cheap set of tailored mats to help sell a car.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
^o)

The first few that appeared on here were decent though, and worth more than the £11 cost. Hence everyone else ordering them. It would be different if they'd all been crap.

If that's the case then what's probably happened is that the first few batches were produced from a half decent material they managed to get at heavily slashed price in bulk from some company that went into liquidation and was selling it off

once that material has ran out they were probably unable to get a similar quality material at the same price and due to high demand they kept the existing price for the mats and decided to sacrifice the quality of the new material they purchased to produce the new mats hoping the punters would not notice, but of course they did

or else they simply got greedy after the high demand in the mats and downgraded the quality deliberately to gain a lot more profit....

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
The fitted mats we supply are still the same quality as they were at the start.

£16 or so per set, still going strong in my van after almost 18 months.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
The fitted mats we supply are still the same quality as they were at the start.

£16 or so per set, still going strong in my van after almost 18 months.

Might take you up on these - I have put in a offer for a set of OEM S3 mats on another forum, if they fall through I'll give you a shout G

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Original style which @Steve got
Quality isn't too bad, great for the price

IMG_20130802_182044_zps808e29f0.jpg

New style @Steve got some months later...
@Lyons sorry crap phone pics

This is the underside of mine after 8 weeks. Now I only have a thin layer of carpet at my heel.

View attachment 55984

The Octavia ones I got from them where a lot better, probably because they had a heel pad on them. The Alhambra ones are definitely lower quality again. I wear trainers 95% of the time, no work boots.
Yes your newer set are a different material of inferior quality

Same as above

still cant complain for the price but would be annoyed if i had payed retail

mine have the heel pad but ive worn thru it. have had them since sept but last week was first time I have hoovered the car since I got them lol so dunno how long it actually took to happen

lol i wear work boots most of the time, i wouldnt have even done 5k miles since i got the mats :/

it shouldnt matter and the heels of trainers or any shoe are hard as well and thats the part touching the mat so dont think work boots matter.
As your mats were the originals that people said were grand I would say this is clear supporting evidence of how work boots v normal shoes have an impact on wear...
Your's with a hole after 5k and 6 months with work boots :worried:
Mine no holes after 8k and 9 months with normal shoes/trainers :grinning:

I'm with forde. Whatever shoes you wear is irrelevant, all soles still have a "point" where the heel is digging into the mat. I've only worn suit shoes and trainers in mine, and they wore within 1,500 miles.

So should mine have worn better?

I do think quality must have changed since the early ones though. I bought mine based on initial reports of them being OEM like, however mine are not.
Yes your's should have worn better, but since I have bought mine seemingly they have changed the material used. The newer inferior material seems to wear badly after just a few weeks.
As for the boot v trainer debate against wear ratios, we shall agree to disagree until a mythbusters style experiment gets carried out some day.

They have changed, I've bought a few sets and the newer ones are crap in comparison hence why the 350 got OEM ones instead.
Bingo

Flip me.

The reason for the change in opinion was due to a shift in the actual quality. Before they were actually very good value, hence the good reviews. Now they're as expected for a tenner a set.
Quite right.

Now my originals that I bought some 9 months now for the runabout are still going strong.
The underside wore quite quickly I will admit, but still no holes top side appearing.
I'm happy for £11.
The material it seems has now changed (I wonder if anyone has ordered replacement mats for the same car and actually got 1 material months ago and now a different one now??)

PICS FROM TODAY

My mats after 9 months and 8k miles...

(If @Woodcutter 's are the same as these for circa £16, they are grand for the money, no where near OEM thickness or wear rating but decent cheap mats)

20140617_162731.jpg

20140617_162620.jpg

20140617_162540.jpg

20140617_162638.jpg

Last edited: