Taking a plate off a car

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Guys, if a plate is taken off a car and put on certificate, i know it is £80 to do that.

Does anyone know if it is another £80 to put it on a car in a few weeks time or is it free to put it on a car because you paid the £80 to put it on certificate before hand?

Thanks

Ghost

RMS Regular
How does it work if u you are handing a car back to the finance company and yiur plates on the car??

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Take it off before you hand it over, goes back on their/previous plate 99% of the time. Last time it took 3 days after doing it on line.

RCT

RMS Regular
How does it work if u you are handing a car back to the finance company and yiur plates on the car??

I do quite a lot of them through work for customers ( 4x dealerships) Sometimes there is issues where it can’t be put on retention straight away and you have to send it off to Swansea. Some of the issues I’ve seen cause this are double barrelled surnames for some strange reason and another is where the postcodes were wrong and showed a conflict (that was dvla’s fault)
If your not sure best way to check so you have enough time is to start the process and as long as it recognises the postcode and your 11 digit code and allows you to proceed then you’ll be fine, just don’t go to the payment part.

You can only do it between the hours of 7am and 7pm