Taking ownership of abandoned car

DJMCA

RMS Regular
If you look at my screenshot, I then googled what paperwork is proof of ownership and it says the v5 😆
Exactly! Says on the V5 it is not proof of ownership but how else do you prove it realistically?

That being said, my Mrs is registered keeper of my daily simply because she collected it and completed the paperwork lol

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I might also add to my post above in those days the scrap price was sub £50 per tonne so old cars were pretty worthless. Hard to believe nowadays. Plenty were just dumped. I even remember a stage where you had to pay to scrap a car.
Ahh the good ole days 😉😂

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
So there's an abandoned 2009 Clio sitting in our car park. Been there for 3 months, PSNI say car is not registered (how?!), online shows no tax/insurance/MOT... Council say that they will slap a 7 day notice on it for us and after that it's ours to do with as we wish.

Is there any way I can get it log booked and into my name? It's a decent wee car on the face of it and I would like to gift it to a 17 year old I know. It was taxed and MOT'd last year so hopefully it'll go back on the road no bother.

Also, does anyone know what kind of hassle it will be to get a key for it?
Send me address 😉

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Exactly! Says on the V5 it is not proof of ownership but how else do you prove it realistically?

That being said, my Mrs is registered keeper of my daily simply because she collected it and completed the paperwork lol

Sales receipt, if its a private sale just knock one up and ask the seller to sign it.