Talbot Samba Rallye. Now even more pics on page 3!

Samba

RMS Regular
Drives
Samba rallye
They did it them selves a real learning curve just taken nearly 10years to get to this stage

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
View attachment 81953 here is a little car that u have not seen much of

Wow! That looks fantastic!
On a similar Rallye vein, this is going to be back on the road in the summer (hopefully)...
205 rallye.jpg

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
I had a nosey at this yesterday at the show in Lisburn. It looks absolutely fantastic.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Samba man. Thanks for posting pics of the gillis family's cars. Awesome stuff.

Mr Wilson. Thank you for taking the time to have a nosey round the yoke in lisburn.

Reactions: IL

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Sorry I didn't get to speak to you as there was always someone having a yarn with you. Pictures look great. i think i remember that car when it was red in the late 80s. If its the same car it definitely did some hillclimbs and i remember it ar Craigantlet. I might even have a photo of it on the start line. I'll see if i can find it later.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Sorry I didn't get to speak to you as there was always someone having a yarn with you. Pictures look great. i think i remember that car when it was red in the late 80s. If its the same car it definitely did some hillclimbs and i remember it ar Craigantlet. I might even have a photo of it on the start line. I'll see if i can find it later.
that would be truly epic stuff Mr Wilson. Was indeed red back in the 80's, when driven by Simon jameson .

B2AUDI80

RMS Regular
Drives
passat , audi 80
Cool wee cars, great job on it, seen pics floating about f/b of it,, pity they've become so scarce now, used to be a couple laying at a house on the Strabane side of omagh few years back but they dissappeared then

Here's a pic of a friends ex-works car in the 80s
IwFDSwD.jpg

Shay

RMS Member
Drives
Range Rover
Class retro picture Willie
Can any fellow samba members help me out I'm having great difficulty locating 6.5 or 7inch wheels for my competion samba.
Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Ok here's the pictures. First one is at the start of the Circuit some time in the mid 80s. The red car which I thought was Fakers is lining up behind Alan Roddys Mini at the start of the Craigantlet hillclimb I think about 1986/87. It was driven by a girl but can't remember her name. I think it was used in nav rallies as well. Thought I had a better photo of it but can't find it at the moment.
image.jpg
image.jpg

simon

RMS Regular
Drives
320D / 205 GTi
Red Samba is Siobhan Hegan (now McAdam) of regency cars, Newtownards. Very successful in the nav rallies. I got the cage, suspension, guards, wheels etc off it when it was written off by the next owner so some of that could be in your car Liam.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
That's her. Couldn't remember her name but i suppose it was the guts of 30 years ago!