Talk to me: 350z

MarkM

RMS Regular
Emma and I have had three Zs between us, it’s actually how we met, we were moderators on the original 350zuk forum in 2004. They always were such an under rated car, interior is a bit crap and they’re dog slow but so much character and so easy to go sideways, very progressive with no snap and loads of tuning bits for them. Nismo exhaust, Nismo wheels, dropped and they’re pretty as.
We’d have another, roadster next time as they’re lovely with the roof down and adds to the noise, problem is it’s so difficult to find one that isn’t rotten without going into the high tax band, which IMO they aren’t worth at that age.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
So after all the good advice on this thread, I decided I want a face-lift rot free black or burnt orange hardtop with low miles...

Then this popped up on fb. It has 120k ish miles. 4 rotten arches and prob w brace. Engine light on and 5th & 6th crunching in the gearbox. So naturally I bought it!!

Get a few more pics when I've stopped ruining the rear tyres😁

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
brilliant mate!
whats going on with the rear wheels? are they fronts or something?
Haven't even noticed this yet lol!

Here she is in her full glory!!

Absolute scrapper! 😁But for the money I got it. I could probably break and get my money back.

Check out somebody's rash repair on front arch!
Will get a proper look around it tomorrow..

Attachments

• 20201213_212554.jpg
    20201213_212554.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 20201213_212607.jpg
    20201213_212607.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20201213_212626.jpg
    20201213_212626.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20201213_212632.jpg
    20201213_212632.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 79

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
looks like you got a nismo kitted zed with random canards on front bumper lol!

easy way to check the rears is remove one and if there is a little bolt hole in the rear face of the wheel then they are rear wheels lol

also may also just be awful oem offset lol get er spacers!!

what’s your plans for it? Hammer it till it dies or get it cleaned up?

Last edited:

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
looks like you got a veilside kitted zed with random canards on front bumper lol!

easy way to check the rears is remove one and if there is a little bolt hole in the rear face of the wheel then they are rear wheels lol

also may also just be awful oem offset lol get er spacers!!

what’s your plans for it? Hammer it till it dies or get it cleaned up?
Cheers 👍

Not sure yet!! It may be beyond saving, so might drive it until June when mot is up and either punt it on or break it.
From a quick look w brace is bad and sounds like banana arms gone too! Absolute lemon 🤣
From a quick look w brace is bad and sounds like banana arms gone too! Absolute lemon 🤣

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
Oh and it starts when cold. But doesn't when warm. But if I put jumpleads on away she Goes! Alternator is working, so hopefully just battery

They are super fun driving thing though. And I have extensively tested the LSD. It Deffo has one 🤣

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Oh and it starts when cold. But doesn't when warm. But if I put jumpleads on away she Goes! Alternator is working, so hopefully just battery

They are super fun driving thing though. And I have extensively tested the LSD. It Deffo has one 🤣
Circles? Are they tight lsd like 300zx?

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
Circles? Are they tight lsd like 300zx?
Is a viscous- more like the s14s. Good dose of the clutch and it goes round (on private land) Performs better when already moving that from standing start it seems...

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
@thefool1983 if you do decide to break can you give me early shout on the rear boot lid? Not so much for spoiler but to give me options of what I do with my own lol.

Actually yours is a colour match of mine z....
Just give me early shout on you breaking totally lol

MarkM

RMS Regular
@thefool1983 if you do decide to break can you give me early shout on the rear boot lid? Not so much for spoiler but to give me options of what I do with my own lol.

Actually yours is a colour match of mine z....
Just give me early shout on you breaking totally lol

Yours is universal silver isn’t it, this will be blade silver

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
Lightened flywheel an all 😎😁

car drifting GIF
Yeah makes sense now, revs up real easy from idle.

The exhaust is absolutely hooligan spec loud though. You can hear the car being ragged from at least 1/2 mile away! I need a stealthier approach if I want to keep hooning about in it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah makes sense now, revs up real easy from idle.

The exhaust is absolutely hooligan spec loud though. You can hear the car being ragged from at least 1/2 mile away! I need a stealthier approach if I want to keep hooning about in it.

I replaced some jap can mental loud thing with a scorpion and it was great. I think @Ceebl swapped that for a mental loud one again though lol