Talk to me about Pick Up's

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
It annoys me how to read/watch a lot of the reviews there's little to separate the pick-ups. I test drove an L200 a few years ago, brand new, and was happier getting back in to my '05 Shogun. The V6 Amarok, although a lot more expensive, is a totally different vehicle to me, but each to his own.

What year l200? The 2015 on model must be more refined than the previous model.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
Anyone ever ordered from this crowd; https://www.4x4ni.com/ ?

Got sorted with an Amarok so need a few wee bits to tidy up the bed and cover the thing in light bars

Seem to have a good selection, and at least I know there will be no delivery issues
Yeah I've ordered a bits from them. Also check out Performance Alloys Ford Ranger Accessories | Ford Ranger Accessories UK

They do loads of pick up stuff and are in Antrim. Cheaper than 4x4ni in most cases too

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
£2,500 for a tuning box and £16 for a 7 to 13 pin adapter that you can buy pretty much anywhere for about half that.
Was only really looking at this;

Need to cover up the tailgate edge as it has damage and a fresh liner would do that as well as freshen it up nicely

e841d3d9-6484-47cb-b0bc-73bec2c6e5b5.JPG

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
@gpaevo No not as much as that, but I'm in the trade.

@greyfloppyhat I think its pretty resilient, and probably also comes down to how well it's applied. David is a perfectionist, I'm friendly with his son, its the first time I have had a lining done though. The plastic tray is exceptionally slippy and I don't like the idea of moisture between it and the bed, and the rubbing. I won't give it too much abuse that's for sure, but will report back how I get on and stick a pic up here (excuse the pun).

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
That's a great job. Might look into this myself as I was told I'd gain a good bit more space by removing the bed liner. Apparently on the Rangers there is foam blocks under the bed liner around the wheel arches.

Yeh very tidy job and do seem to have gained space, he said there’s sticky foam pads under liner.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Just got a 2017 V6 224 Amarok in work. Lovely wagon and ex-VWFS, so the history is flawless and there isn't a mark on it either.

So far so good. It's very comfortable, well specced and has plenty of power.

Same as mine, have to say I love it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

You can DIY it.

I've done some parts of the underside and lower parts of the car with it. Although as I didn't want to spray, I used the roller. Was actually pretty surprised at how well it went on with a roller.
I used the open cell roller for the first couple of layers then the 3rd I just brushed which smooths it a little.

As to how tough it really is.....harder to say. I did peel some off again on bits I was working at, and it forms like a very thin rubberish coating. I guess how well it sticks to anything will depend on prep, but it can also be scraped off, so it's not like a super tough coating they seem to claim.
But equally it would be very easy touched up again too.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
Tell you what lads, my Ranger is a weapon in the snow.

Up and down a steep snowy hill earlier no bother to it. Just drove until I lost traction in 2wd then fired it into 4h on the move. Class

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Tell you what lads, my Ranger is a weapon in the snow.

Up and down a steep snowy hill earlier no bother to it. Just drove until I lost traction in 2wd then fired it into 4h on the move. Class
The only time we had enough to drive in the Amarok was away getting some bodywork done....typical!

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Anything under 12k for sale at the minute. I'm not registered for vat either.

Stuff like this Navara

Screenshot_20210722-094248_Facebook.jpg

Or this high miler hilux

Screenshot_20210722-094236_Facebook.jpg