Talk to me about Pick Up's

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Their break over angles are attrocious. Aside from that (and turning circle) it's really just down to the operator and tyres.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
So, I've decided that a pick up is the only answer to my problem.

I'm between a Ranger and an L200 after reading all the reviews etc. Amarok is way to pricey for what I'm willing to spend. Question is

As much as I like the Ranger the L200 won best pick up past 4 years running, it's easier in fuel and much higher spec'd inside, plus cheaper. Should I go with Ranger or L200🤷‍♂️

Dave..

RMS Regular

I'm between a Ranger and an L200 after reading all the reviews etc. Amarok is way to pricey for what I'm willing to spend. Question is

As much as I like the Ranger the L200 won best pick up past 4 years running, it's easier in fuel and much higher spec'd inside, plus cheaper. Should I go with Ranger or L200🤷‍♂️
Buy a Hilux :grinning:

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would go and drive rather than read reviews and also compare the overall costs of buying, financing, depreciation and running costs to then reach the conclusion of what is best for you.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
With Mitsubushi pulling out of the UK would that impact on servicing and parts etc?

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
With Mitsubushi pulling out of the UK would that impact on servicing and parts etc?
Apparently not as the Colt Car Company will continue to support warranty and service work etc
Apparently not as the Colt Car Company will continue to support warranty and service work etc

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
"Apparently".....but is it worth the risk ? Unless they're selling them a lot cheaper.

davyk31

RMS Regular
But will there be any dealers. There aren’t any Colt dealers I am aware of. Ranger is a nice looking big truck so reckon I would go there so long as the lack of economy isn’t an issue.

Robert

RMS Trader

The ranger gets my vote out of those two.

davyk31

RMS Regular
The Mercedes ones are meant to be the best to drive as they have proper rear suspension rather than the normal toughened up suspension to let it carry a tonne to suit the benefit in kind rules.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Extra space and better finish would have me choose the Ranger over the very agricultural L200.

Don’t buy based on those “What Car” awards; they claimed the 1.9 Isuzu was the be all and end all of all things pickup... They are woeful to drive and run, and I can not emphasise that enough.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I had a 2014 Ranger Wildtrack 3.2L manual, 90% of the time it bounced around like a pogo stick. They are known for having oil pump problems.
2020-10-04_20-50-25.jpg

This was like a limo in comparison and has proved very reliable.

HILUX.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
Is it just the 3.2 with oil pump problems?
@Nicky would be the person to ask.
I enquired at Ballylisk Ford if they could do the fix but they said they only worked on Rangers bought from them, I think it was ÂŁ800 (approx) to sort it out.
Make sure you have a long drive on bumpy roads before you decide.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
From a man who has had them all, he said that the Hilux is the only one to have. I countered with the interior being bland and boring but he said they are more than worth looking past that. Only other one he liked was the merc. He said they're much better than a Navara to drive.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
From a man who has had them all, he said that the Hilux is the only one to have. I countered with the interior being bland and boring but he said they are more than worth looking past that. Only other one he liked was the merc. He said they're much better than a Navara to drive.
That's the struggle. Looking beyond the kak interior of the HiLux

Dave..

RMS Regular
That's the struggle. Looking beyond the kak interior of the HiLux
Boring it is but after a few months you will have forgotten about it. Ours is the very basic model but it is worked hard towing on and off road and has never let us down.