Tarmac Time: 2019 Championship Kicks Off This Weekend

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by davecoupe, Feb 7, 2019.

1. davecoupe RMS Photographer

davecoupe
    Drives:
    S14a/vRS/Jetta
    See the blog feature on this - The opening round of the 2019 Irish Tarmac championship kicks off this weekend in Galway and what a year it is shaping up to be. The start ramp in Eyre Square will be crossed by over 25 WRC2 specification R5 cars, most of which have registered to contest the Irish Tarmac Championship. Read the Full Article Here

[​IMG]

Read the Entire Article Here

DC., swansty, bob and 4 others like this.
  2. RallyCiaran RMS Regular

RallyCiaran
    Drives:
    Nova 1600 8v
    Great to see the rallying back in Galway. Pleased that Breen got the win, and good to see Fisher so close to him after such a long layoff.

davecoupe, FM155 and PaulYDP like this.
  3. FM155 RMS Regular

FM155
    Drives:
    Alfa 155
    Saw some of the live coverage yesterday, seemed good enough alright and a proper buzz around about the championship again. See Andy Davies won group n fairly convincingly after winning the Welsh road rally championship last year. (y)(y)

davecoupe likes this.
  4. plexo RMS Regular

plexo
    Drives:
    Mitsubishi
    where can you watch it live FM155?

5. FM155 RMS Regular

FM155
    Drives:
    Alfa 155
    Loop 1

Loop 2

Loop 3

Heading into the final stage

Finish ramp

6. davecoupe RMS Photographer

davecoupe
    Drives:
    S14a/vRS/Jetta
    Got back at around 2am last night, brilliant rally. Seriously muddy with loads of standing water, typical Galway.

Breen was made to work hard, the pace was serious at the top. I think he got a wake up call when he was only 5th fastest through the first stage. Ali Fisher in particular was absolutely on it from the very start. I was on a 4 right over crest about half way into the first stage and he took a full WRC style cut. Seriously impressive.

Jon Armstrong was rapid too, especially for a man that hasn’t sat in a rally car for 2 years.

And Ray Breens 6r4....just wow.

FM155 likes this.
  7. Cooper Site Manager

Cooper
    Drives:
    Exige V6S
  8. RallyCiaran RMS Regular

RallyCiaran
    Drives:
    Nova 1600 8v
    I think I seen on facebook last night that Breen is registered for the championship. Hope that means we will see him out again on a few more rounds.

FM155 likes this.
  9. FM155 RMS Regular

FM155
    Drives:
    Alfa 155
    I suppose until something else comes to fruition, it keeps his hand in. Surprised that he doesn't have a test / development contract with one of the wrc teams.

10. DC. RMS Regular

DC.
    Drives:
    VW Golf GTI
    Madness that he can’t get into one of M-Sport’s cars. Currently much better than either Suninen or Evans.

FM155 likes this.