Tarmac Time: 2019 Championship Kicks Off This Weekend

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
See the blog feature on this - The opening round of the 2019 Irish Tarmac championship kicks off this weekend in Galway and what a year it is shaping up to be. The start ramp in Eyre Square will be crossed by over 25 WRC2 specification R5 cars, most of which have registered to contest the Irish Tarmac Championship. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Saw some of the live coverage yesterday, seemed good enough alright and a proper buzz around about the championship again. See Andy Davies won group n fairly convincingly after winning the Welsh road rally championship last year. (y)(y)

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Loop 1

Loop 2

Loop 3

Heading into the final stage

Finish ramp

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Got back at around 2am last night, brilliant rally. Seriously muddy with loads of standing water, typical Galway.

Breen was made to work hard, the pace was serious at the top. I think he got a wake up call when he was only 5th fastest through the first stage. Ali Fisher in particular was absolutely on it from the very start. I was on a 4 right over crest about half way into the first stage and he took a full WRC style cut. Seriously impressive.

Jon Armstrong was rapid too, especially for a man that hasn’t sat in a rally car for 2 years.

And Ray Breens 6r4....just wow.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I think I seen on facebook last night that Breen is registered for the championship. Hope that means we will see him out again on a few more rounds.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I suppose until something else comes to fruition, it keeps his hand in. Surprised that he doesn't have a test / development contract with one of the wrc teams.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Madness that he can’t get into one of M-Sport’s cars. Currently much better than either Suninen or Evans.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.