Tax and sorn

Civicb16a

RMS Regular
Taxed a car then I checked to see what date mot was and car was sorn book was sent off but never received one in my name there was a personalised reg on the car before which I have a book for also another one with the original plate any ideas on how I get it taxed again and into my own name

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
So am I right in saying you bought the car with the original reg on it, but the most recent tax book you were given has the personalised reg on it?

Civicb16a

RMS Regular
OP
C
There was 3 books 2 with the original and one with the personalised one I sent one of with the original reg on the car as normal taxed it then now its saying the car is sorn and never got a new book

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
There was 3 books 2 with the original and one with the personalised one I sent one of with the original reg on the car as normal taxed it then now its saying the car is sorn and never got a new book
That's a weird one, did you maybe tax it then file for new keeper which would remove the tax with the way it doesn't go with the new keeper? having said that, that wouldn't explain why its sorn, maybe just taking a while to show up online? have you tried a couple of different sites, dvla and a few free apps maybe.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
You would have to wait until a new v5c with the original reg was issued, the reference no and green new keeper slip are a one time deal.

Surely?

KevM

RMS Regular
What you normally do, is Change of Keeper online - makes you the registered keeper and generates a new V5 for you instantly, you have it in 3 days. Then tax with the Green slip off the old V5, normally at the Post Office with your Insurance. (If the car has come straight from UK, the system will let you tax it online with the Green slip)

If you didnt tax the car with the Green New keepers slip and just used the V5C (not in your name), the previous keeper may have SORN'd the car again and got a refund for your tax payment.