Taxing a car without mot?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dermot

Have the car booked in for test in june (Earliest date possible) and they say they wont give me a excemption cert because the car was never mot'd in this country before...Told me to try for a cancellation, so i said right give me a cancellation, she replied "We dont have any" So what do ya do? Does anyone know any loop holes or anything to get a car tax'd? (And a fake MOT cert is a last option)

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Don't think there are any loopholes. The tax office will point blank refuse to tax the car afaik

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
Dermot said:
Have the car booked in for test in june (Earliest date possible)
If the MOT centre can not offer you a date within 21days you will get an excemption cert within 10days i have 1st time mot'd a few english car's here with no prob's..

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
gixerboy said:
If the MOT centre can not offer you a date within 21days you will get an excemption cert within 10days i have 1st time mot'd a few english car's here with no prob's..

I heard they were doing away with the exemption certificates in some cases though, think too many people were taking advantage of it.

Marc

RMS Moderator
think the exemptions are no more.. 1st april they done away with them.

alan273

If the cars ready give them, your nearest test centre, a call in the mornings about 9am they might have a cancellation.

I did last year, said car was ready and could get there even at short notice, was told look if you take slot and don’t make it you’ll lose the fee. My reply was well I’m sitting in my office, looking out the window at the rear doors of the test lanes I’m in the building next door. Got a test that afternoon

big cyril

RMS Regular
alan273 said:
If the cars ready give them, your nearest test centre, a call in the mornings about 9am they might have a cancellation.

I did last year, said car was ready and could get there even at short notice, was told look if you take slot and don’t make it you’ll lose the fee. My reply was well I’m sitting in my office, looking out the window at the rear doors of the test lanes I’m in the building next door. Got a test that afternoon

Yeah, ring every morning after nine - I got a cancellation that way too.

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
Marc said:
think the exemptions are no more.. 1st april they done away with them.
I applied for two MOT's last week at boucher rd soonest date available 20th & 21st june & told excemption forms would be sent out!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.