Taycan 4S

davyk31

RMS Regular
Playing with this for 24 hours 😀. Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
1181B260-4E2A-4260-976C-BFDF613D4F6C.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Initial reactions are that if drives fantastic. A bit clinical but I am used to electric and like the instant torque and no fuss driving style. It has the Porsche electric sound that is a bit of fun, can be heard both inside and outside.
Huge car but doesn’t feel it on the road. Enough space inside and being the Cross Turismo it has a few extra inches rear headroom and a hatchback boot. Boot is massive and a handy wee frunk for the cables.
Not a total fan of the Cross Turismo style and think the saloon model is a much sleeker and prettier car. Will maybe get sitting in one of those but fear it won’t be ideal for growing teenage kids and the saloon Boot is a lot less usable for me. The new Sports Turismo is likely the sweet spot and the one that will be in most demand come resale time.
One issue I have is that it isn’t an easy car to get into the drivers seat. The door opening is quite small and the seat sits in behind the pillar a bit. Seat bolsters kinda hinder getting in it in a dignified manner. I’m 6’0 and a bit over average build but not huge, it’s well worth the effort of getting in for sure but wonder would this grate on a daily basis. Also I’m used to higher vehicles and with my daily being an ID.3 it’s a bit higher than normal with huge opening doors so maybe it just needs a bit of practice and a technique perfected.
The other niggle is whether it’s worth 2.5 or 3 times the cost of my ID.3. The ID.3 won’t be going but just as you drive you get these thoughts of whether it’s special enough. It does certainly get a bit of attention as you drive and I came back to it outside Sainsburys yesterday to find a couple of petrol heads looking and admiring it.