Tesla Charging

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Right, I'm f*cking soaked and can't seem to work this out.

ESB charger, same ones that are everywhere. When I end the charge via my phone, the charging cable remains locked in the car, light is blue and won't disengage. I have to restart the charger via my phone, wait 20 seconds, end it then the light goes white and I can remove the charger first time.

What am I doing wrong apart from everything?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

ESB charger, same ones that are everywhere. When I end the charge via my phone, the charging cable remains locked in the car, light is blue and won't disengage. I have to restart the charger via my phone, wait 20 seconds, end it then the light goes white and I can remove the charger first time.

You are using the public network, that is what you are doing wrong...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is there a release button on the car? I normally end a charge by clicking the button on the actual car to disconnect it.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
There's an emergency release but it's more the process of getting it to disconnect. I normally don't stop the charge from the car, rather stop the charger.

You are using the public network, that is what you are doing wrong...

What?

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
App being the Tesla app rather than the ESB charger app?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea the tesla app.

I rarely use the public unless it’s a rapid and they have their own cables. Sometimes it can be a faff on the 22kw ones.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
I've been opening the boot for the cables. Would that not unlock the charge port too?

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
So far I've been stood looking like an idiot that can't work their car, like an old person.

e3333759b571ef3f93d12666fe4a7264--simpsons-van.jpg

:p

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I remember being the noob at the chargers getting on like a bit of a thicko trying to figure it out in front of all of the seasoned EV’ers. Embarrassing stuff. Hope no other bearded Tesla owners were witnessing your buffoonery @Rocko

Ghost

RMS Regular

Using electric and not diesel.....

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
Yeah, that's the problem (y)

908 miles = £0

Stick that right up your solar panels!
I remember being the noob at the chargers getting on like a bit of a thicko trying to figure it out in front of all of the seasoned EV’ers. Embarrassing stuff. Hope no other bearded Tesla owners were witnessing your buffoonery @Rocko

Charger is right in front of the glass windowed gym so someone is getting some sport out of me.