Tesla coming to Belfast.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Is VW id3 still planned for this year? If an affordable EV comes out that can do a return trip from Larne to Dublin on one charge, then it would be hard to look past as a company car!

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Are there any alternatives actually on the market yet? e-tron, Merc EQC and iPace are much more expensive, KONA, e-Niro, e-Golf cheaper and smaller/less premium. The BMW i4 is a direct rival but not due out for another year.

Clearly you’re to the Model 3 - I was referring to the brand as a whole really so including the S/X in that discussion. Even the more expensive S and X suffer from the same types of issues as the 3

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Clearly you’re to the Model 3 - I was referring to the brand as a whole really so including the S/X in that discussion. Even the more expensive S and X suffer from the same types of issues as the 3

Yes sorry the Model 3, the S and X are too expensive for what they are, Tesla sell very few S or X in the UK. I think they are even more troublesome than the 3.

wiggee

RMS Regular
Drives
4 x 4
I was offered a job in the belfast branch but had to say no when they said boucher road and the training etc was in Dublin, wasn't for me ..

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Are there any alternatives actually on the market yet? e-tron, Merc EQC and iPace are much more expensive, KONA, e-Niro, e-Golf cheaper and smaller/less premium. The BMW i4 is a direct rival but not due out for another year.

The Polestar 2? Not sure re deliveries on this yet though but they were due to start around now I believe.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
You have to love targeted advertising lol

Screenshot_20200704-191546.jpg

jc7891

RMS Regular
VAG, Ford and BMW have a joint venture charging system which they are rolling out across Europe. Should have over 400 throughout Europe in the next year or two. It will be the larger capacity chargers to charge faster

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I was on the Boucher road this morning and saw the Tesla showroom for the first time.
That has to be the most dullest, boring looking showroom ever.
Matches the car I suppose.

Apparently it’s just a service centre and not even a showroom! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Maybe you need to send them up some paint to try and brighten it up a bit : unamused:

Any particular colour scheme in mind? Trying to think of other brightly coloured car showrooms off Boucher..... Cant think of many.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I work on Boucher so have passed it a few times, it's a very unimaginative design for a premises. Given the price of the cars and where they position themselves, I'd have thought they'd be going for a more glossy Audi/BMW type showroom.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Any particular colour scheme in mind? Trying to think of other brightly coloured car showrooms off Boucher..... Cant think of many.
Ideally flatten it and build something decent, instead of a drab grey box

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I know Agnews got their first one in last week. Could even have been it.