Tesla cutting prices

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
And probably only lets you do 6k a year!

I'm doing 15000.

Maybe so, but £600 isn't cheap if you just want a car. Even a nice one.

Nobody is being goosestepped into buying an EV. Not yet anyway.

It's not all tax breaks and salary sacrifices. If you want a Tesla, just go get one.

And for the record, I think Elon Musk is a balloon.

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
1674827495136.png

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
That's interesting. At £550/m (Nett) x 48 = £26.4k, that would nearly buy you a 3 year old one, and you'd have an asset left at the end. Of course there's interest etc to be taken account of there. But with the used Model 3 market the way it is, the gap has closed.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
So the way that works through your company, £732 before tax and stuff comes off your monthly wage?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It means in this case he would see £732 less each month in the bank from his employer. The exact number depends on how much you earn, which tax brackets you are in, etc. Basically the more you earn (higher tax brackets), the "cheaper" the car gets.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
So the way that works through your company, £732 before tax and stuff comes off your monthly wage?

I think that's what it'll cost him in his pocket since it's net monthly pay. The pre reduction payment will be higher.

But no deposit or insurance and I think they get a charger fitted FOC too.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3

I think that's what it'll cost him in his pocket since it's net monthly pay. The pre reduction payment will be higher.

But no deposit or insurance and I think they get a charger fitted FOC too.

More or less what Craig has said. Yep charger fitted too. Pretty sweet deal I have an EQA ordered on it for my wife,

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I was looking at the Model Y LR - 10k miles with me and the Mrs on the insurance comes in at £750 a month over 3 years which is still far too much to stomach.

MG4 looks banging value though

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I was looking at the Model Y LR - 10k miles with me and the Mrs on the insurance comes in at £750 a month over 3 years which is still far too much to stomach.

MG4 looks banging value though
The MG cars do look like good value. Get good reviews too. Haven't been in one myself yet though.

The current ones don't look the greatest, but they have some new models coming out that do look much better (by EV standards 😇 ).

Shelling out £6-700 per month for the next several years is a lot of money. The BIC rules are about to change again in the next couple of years, so there could be a headache around the corner for people who max out now with (near)-zero BIC. Never mind general uncertainty in the wider economy for the next few years, mortgages, big national budget black holes to fill, etc.

Jecks

RMS Regular
Doesn't look like it will be too long before some M3 LR will be starting with a 2 for private buyers

Jecks

RMS Regular
Must have missed those. It was Autotrader I was checking for prices.

Edit. Had mileage limit set to 30,000

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
More or less what Craig has said. Yep charger fitted too. Pretty sweet deal I have an EQA ordered on it for my wife,

Was trawling through the deals yesterday for the next family wrecker and the EQA was the only one really stood out at looking like decent value. Haven’t gone as far as actually looking into each one was just trying to short list and the list was brave and short.

What’s the lead time on a new EQA?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Was trawling through the deals yesterday for the next family wrecker and the EQA was the only one really stood out at looking like decent value. Haven’t gone as far as actually looking into each one was just trying to short list and the list was brave and short.

5/6 months is what I was quoted.

Although had a bit of a nightmare with mine we ordered a EQA 250+ Sport in November and was meant to be delivered in February

Got a call last month saying the order was cancelled as Mercedes have discontinued the Sport.

Had to re-order an AMG Line but was back of queue again.

Ordered in late December 2022 and will be here in May.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

Checked Fisker?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR