Tesla Cybertruck

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Whatever people's take on his cars Musk knows how to generate PR.
Blade runner madness with some big EV pickup stats.

Cybertruck_render.jpg

tesla-cybertruck.jpg

warren

RMS Photographer
Its quite something..... I'm not sure how I feel at all. Part of me thinks it looks like something straight out of Halo.

I guess theres nothing that said it had to look like a normal pickup I guess! Watching the drive videos, the headlights are badass.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Honestly so disappointed. Some of the renders going about ahead of launch that were more conventional looked fantastic. That is an utter mess

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
What annoyed me was the complete lack of polish in the presentation.

‘what will we do now.... aye do the glass test’

looks around abit

‘watch this video’

van is blocking half the screen lol.

When you compare it to how Apple launches products or windows etc it looked amateur hour.

tesla’s first big flop me thinks

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The shambolic launch cost him $750 million in stock devaluation so far....though he's reportedly worth $20billion so I'm sure he's not overly worried.

I have to say I'm not sure on it. It looks like the unwanted love child of a DeLorean and a pick up truck. Very strange indeed.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Even futuristic cars drawn in the 80s didn’t look like that. Don’t understand the styling at all tbh but figures are impressive

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Seems to be popular enough.... Over 150k pre-orders (or whatever Tesla call them) made already.

I also ready the reason the windows broke was due to 'micro fractures' caused by testing it too much before the launch. They've released videos of it working perfectly on testing though a spherical ball thrown by a man and a bullet fired from a gun are very different things to stop.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I’m not sure if its Tesla I don’t like or just Elon Musk. The fact this launch went so bad is no surprise but then again maybe he wanted it to fail to create some extra publicity?!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The fact he still got 150k orders of that monstrosity, and on the back of that mess of a launch to boot, is the bit that really annoys me, lol :innocent: 😅

He really has managed to make Tesla the iPhone of the car world with people queuing up to buy before it has even hit the streets or anyone has driven one.

It's a bit mad, but hey, fair play to him for pulling it off!

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
It’s just a bit mad looking, looks like it’s been designed by a kid in microsoft paint lol

I watched the launch of it have to say the presentation was very unorganised, Elon even sounded a bit uninterested himself. Sounded like he was winging it lol

warren

RMS Photographer
I think now that a few days have passed I think its actually quite excellent. Its utterly daft and its brilliant. Imagine seeing one of those parked at tesco.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Heard it was designed simplistically to keep the end cost down for customers

stevyg

RMS Regular
I love it. I think its a bold approach, everyone is copying each others designs and he took it a different direction. Others will follow I'm sure of it. Can't wait to see one on the road.

Greg_PCRS

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Seen it brfore....i wonder where....

I think its radical, very brave, unpredictible and maybe too visionary as for our times.

Attachments

• ODMweDYwMC9jY19iMTA1OC9wLzIwMTkvMTEvMjUvMzkwLzQ2MS8yMWFmOWJjNDNmZmI0YWI2OGFmMGFkNTViZjUzYzZiN...jpeg
    ODMweDYwMC9jY19iMTA1OC9wLzIwMTkvMTEvMjUvMzkwLzQ2MS8yMWFmOWJjNDNmZmI0YWI2OGFmMGFkNTViZjUzYzZiN...jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 125