Tesla Model 3 Performance

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
I wonder if you were playing sonic in the car and took a phonecall on your phone....which one would the police do you for ?

Considering I was parked outside my work I would hope none!

Also it’s 2021 who the hell would ever lift a phone nowadays even the most basic cars have Bluetooth lol.

Last edited:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Easily the nicest Model 3 I’ve seen! Do think the wheels might have been nicer in silver or a lighter colour to see them easier (they look a nice design) but it’s your car!

Marc

RMS Moderator
Yeah some of the new icons are a bit of a step back from the minimalistic ones before.

I just bought that one in Game for around £20. I'm using the USB in the glovebox as apparently the USB-C in the front doesn't support it. There are some Wireless controllers compatible too so might eventually get one of those.

PS the car looks stunning, I must call past some day I'm up past yours and get a look!
USB port in the glovebox?!

I have been searching for a wired USB C controller for the past few days to give Sonic a rattle.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Considering I was parked outside my work I would hope none!

Also it’s 2021 who the hell would ever lift a phone nowadays even the most basic cars have Bluetooth lol.

If it is accessible to the public, RTA still applies. But it is not a specific question.

It's a bit like if you were sitting in a car park with a take away, eating it with the engine running as many will have done plenty of times. But you make a phone call.......the police would be happy to nail you. Yet stuffing your face is probably the more dangerous task...even though both are perfectly safe as you are not actually driving. One is an offence however, the other isn't. It's just dumb rules.

Ghost

RMS Regular
If it is accessible to the public, RTA still applies. But it is not a specific question.

It's a bit like if you were sitting in a car park with a take away, eating it with the engine running as many will have done plenty of times. But you make a phone call.......the police would be happy to nail you. Yet stuffing your face is probably the more dangerous task...even though both are perfectly safe as you are not actually driving. One is an offence however, the other isn't. It's just dumb rules.

[URL

Wrong. Imagine getting that through court.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
USB port in the glovebox?!

I have been searching for a wired USB C controller for the past few days to give Sonic a rattle.

Yeah, it’s on the left side and is the one the Tesla USB Stick is pre installed in, just remove it and use it for the controller.

I’ll probably order a wireless one just for handiness this weekend.

I’ll be fine, my engine won’t be running. Thanks though.

Also, that article refers to it being able to be played whilst the car is moving, which is not what we are talking about here and is rightly being sorted via an update to block it.

Finally, as I said before who the hell physically touches a phone nowadays to make a call in a car lol.

Anyway enough crapping on Pete’s thread, sorry!

davyk31

RMS Regular
You really mustn’t be on the road very often, I often see several people holding phones every day when on the roads. No idea why anyone does it as you say but it’s very common even in cars that clearly have Bluetooth. Texting while driving also very common as you so often see cars with the drivers head down burried in a phone. CarPlay handles all that so well but not every car has it and as we all know those texts can’t go unread for a few minutes lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness none of those things are specific to Tesla. Just stupid people doing stupid things, and stupid people end up in any car.

If you are going to spend 40 minutes stuck at a service station or whatever recharging then having some basic entertainment at hand is a good thing. I do that when waiting for ferries or whatever in my ICE car.

It's true that the law is a bit odd when parked up on a public road. And it's true that's not limited to just using phones any more, and has nothing to do with what kind of propulsion is in the car. But none of that applies to private land, which most service stations are for example.

Anyway, bit of a side track and off topic.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
it took me ages to work out how to post a picture and i still messed it up:joy:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That looks great Pete, wheels are amazing on it.

I had 2 runs last week in a Performance model, the launch off the line really does make you giggle. Even compared to really fast petrol stuff I've been in. No drivetrain or clutch, no hesitation, just immediately launched into the horizon.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
The performance really is hilarious lol

The wheels really take the aggression of it up a notch. Love how it looks from the back now

6E8E8A57-D23D-4A93-832C-5F5FDF019D63.jpeg

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Future plan

Order Tesla Model 3 P before Petes S plaid
Wait until Pete parts out
Buy parts
Fit parts
Chill

Ha I sold the standard wheels so it will be going as it sits 😂

Atm there isn’t even a hint of a delivery date estimate on the Plaid. It at one point said 2 years now it’s just a “hey thanks for £100 we will let you know whenever k thanx”

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Ha I sold the standard wheels so it will be going as it sits 😂

Atm there isn’t even a hint of a delivery date estimate on the Plaid. It at one point said 2 years now it’s just a “hey thanks for £100 we will let you know whenever k thanx”

You can have my OEM wheels when I get the car. I'll even ceramic coat them for ya! :joy:

With tesla they'll probably just phone you to tell you it's ready when it rolls off the transporter in Belfast, lol

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Future plan

Order Tesla Model 3 P before Petes S plaid
Wait until Pete parts out
Buy parts
Fit parts
Chill

Hoping Pete's Plaid rolls of the boat with my 3! So basically your plan, but sooner and more importantly, I get the bits.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If it's anything like the truck thing, or even the launch of the 3, then 2024 might be optimistic. I think you're on track with your plan :innocent:

Now get that other thing sorted, that's much more important 😁