Tesla Model 3 Performance

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I know you said the kit wasn't subtle, but when you compare it to the likes of the current M4 etc, it is pretty subtle.

Aren't they supposed to make a noise below 30kph or something like that so you aren't mowing kids over in residential areas?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I was expecting it to make some sort of jetsons electric motor whine.

I was looking round one parked up recently and they really are a bit plain and weird looking in the flesh. I’m sure yours will look much better with the kit wheels and springs.

It also has a badge I think it was p90d or something and it made me thing of an old vag tdi not a Tesla 🤣

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I'm currently rocking a hybrid and wishing I went full EV, maybe next car. Must keep an eye out for this round the town! HTD

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
41idtC67IfL._QL70_ML2_.jpg

Really only works with white ones. I like them, before all the EV and savings.

Found one!

MANHART-TM3-720-based-on-Tesla-Model-3-2.jpg

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I don't like the front at all but I like the rest of it, they are much better looking in person too. The tax friendly-ness as a company car and 0-60 in 3.2 outweights the front end for me!

The interior is even worse than the exterior.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That's class. They're definitely growing on me, and yours with the kit and wheels will look fantastic.

Health to enjoy.

Cooks

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I had a deposit on one of these in 2018 I think it was after a visit to a showroom in Boston MA. Was put off with rumours of shoddy build quality and possible delays and decided to just go ahead and save money and get the Cayenne and got my deposit money back. There’s not a moment goes by when one drives by me and I don’t feel a little pang of regret that I just didn’t go for it at the time.

What’s the quality like nowadays, now that they’ve had a chance to rattle a large number out? Comparable to the main marques or do you just turn a blind eye to it?

I’m very much old school and appreciate the simpler cars but I’m a complete EV convert at the same time. I’d love one of these myself, there’s 3 or 4 in my street and I think they look absolutely brilliant.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I frigging love these things.

Scary fast, decent range, all the company car benefits you’d ever want and I do like the looks inside and outside.

Plus. It’s the future!

Kit and wheels will be a menacing looking motor

davyk31

RMS Regular
If it’s a company car get into one as soon as possible while the current 1% and then 2% BIK lasts. It’s in place for the next 2 or 3 years and then after that who knows.

scub

Banned
so, without Google - these things go so fast & grip so well because each wheel is powered individually?
it ruins 'how to make a car go faster' logic virtually every way you look at it!
even down to tyres & wheels..
the future eh 😳

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Plus. It’s the future!

Not until there is some sensible pricing, and the infrastructure to actually support everyone driving one is in place. I read a report stating that it would take decades to put in place the infrastructure required.
The interior is pretty polarising.

I was looking at one in the showroom in LA a couple of years ago, the sales womans pitch on the interior was “it’s just like being in the Space Shuttle”, I had to say I’ve been in the Space Shuttle and I can assure you that they couldn’t be more different

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Battery technology will come on so quickly that the predicted decades ahead infrastructure demand will not need to be realised

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
0-60 in 3.2 outweights the front end for me!

No debating they are quick off the line, but that’s it. Difficult to compare it with something, but they just don’t give you the feel and thrill that a fast ICE powered car does. I think I can be describe them as “clinical“

Yep, like veggies who constantly eat veg sausages and burgers. Just admit it, you really want to eat some meat