Tesla Model 3 Performance

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
There definitely won’t be much love for this on here 😂

With the Range Rover grenading itself and the used car market being so insane, I made the man maths work and ordered this!

It’s a brand new 2021 Model 3 Performance. There aren’t a huge amount of options to be had so I went black paint (to try and hide its ugly wee frog face) with black interior, I would have loved the white interior but just isn’t a practical option for me, and lastly added enhanced auto pilot.

I have a few plans for it, most of which are here and means the car will get a makeover next week.

Full carbon kit which is pretty aggressive with a big carbon rear diffuser and duck tail spoiler etc, some H&R springs and a set of black 21” Vossen wheels. Springs and wheels sorted with much help from @Davey@Procar

Then it’s some tints and put my plate on,

The paint is an absolute mess but I don’t want to touch it until everything has been fitted.

I’ve done 452 miles in it since lifting it and all I can say is it the perfect daily driver. So comfortable, all the tech you could ever want and then some, the auto pilot makes the commute a relaxed thing and then there is the performance. It is like being shot out of a cannon! Insane! I reckon the M4 would paste it from a roll over 60mph but from 0-60 there isn’t much to sit with it 😂

As awesome as it is, it is a little dull to drive so I’m glad I still have the M4 to jump into and give me the fizz when I fancy it, but day to day it’s on another level to any other car I have ever owned. Something that surprised me was how premium it feels. The interior really is a lovely place to sit and the quality of everything you touch feels top end, a huge step up from the early models. Well done Elon, you have converted me.

Enough waffling, here’s its little ugly face.

9B0F61CF-E43C-49BA-9253-B7C661A13A48.jpeg
FFC56130-72BB-435B-A6E7-D37268BAF61D.jpeg
829AA4E6-A4D0-4F9C-8684-2D9899A3449A.jpeg
86079522-AC5D-47E6-ABC5-2F52B5CF08DC.jpeg
F47E5268-ED0F-4EC3-8243-F2509EA727E5.jpeg
CABC8167-DBD8-4ADE-B815-19D596530881.jpeg

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
That’s cool. Look forward to seeing the additions you have planned.

Love the wood trim. Is it an option?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Very nice mate ! Interested to see how the carbon kit, wheels etc look. It’s crazy how the dash is basically just that one screen. So minimal.

KevM

RMS Regular
As awesome as it is, it is a little dull to drive so I’m glad I still have the M4 to jump into and give me the fizz when I fancy it

& That's exactly it. Probably the most exhilarating EV you can have & perfect 2nd commute car, but they still miss that spark (pardon the pun) that an Internal combustion engine provides!

Looking forward to seeing the mods!!

& Health to enjoy 👌🏻👍🏻

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
The wood trim comes with the black interior, if you spec white it’s a white trim piece there. I had planned on doing the dash with carbon trim but the wood is growing on me, sign of getting old lol

scub

Banned
I think they are class, I’m a total electric convert. Although admittedly, ownership of a Tesla is a long way off lol

that's mad - ev's are clearly cheating!
would you not need about a thousand hp in a 'normal' car to get those times?
although people said the double clutch gear bag the gtr came with was cheating too 😆.
progress 🤷‍♂️

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
although people said the double clutch gear bag the gtr came with was cheating too 😆.
progress 🤷‍♂️

Those model S plaids are the equivalent of 1060bhp 😂

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Health to enjoy, I still love mine, wouldn't have anything else for a daily driver.
Agree on the interior, earlier models particularly S's were a bit wick but ironically the chinese ones are much better screwed together.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice.

Looks great in black actually, hides the front bumper well!

56oval

RMS Regular
Fair play pete,. These were everywhere in Essex and id say here to stay. Fair few slammed and modified ones wafting about. Enjoy 👍

scub

Banned
there's a red one of this model (looks like it to my untrained eye) sits in San souci Park off the malone Road. with some after market alloys on it & it looks class 👍

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I’m still laughing and telling people about it.

I’ve been in fast cars - both as a passenger and occasionally a driver.

But your car is bonkers. Acceleration like I’ve never experienced and it just pulls and pulls. I was tensing my neck on the second or third launch in preparation for the hammering!

I love it mate. And I can’t wait to see that bad ass kit and wheels fitted

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I’m totally jelly, I dunno how I can ever work out the man maths to have one but I’d absolutely love one. Health to drive!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
That’s class. Iv a real hankering for one. can’t wait to see it modded. Il have to call by for a run

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
No doubt about it they are brilliant. HTD and can’t wait to see how it looks modded. 🐸

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Scrappers
Probably more love on here for it than you'd expect 🤣 I love the idea of an EV and I think they're getting to the point now where they're hard to look passed. Waiting to see what the Model 2 is like when it's unveiled.

I'm sure the mods you have planned will sort out the model 3s slightly bland looks!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
progress 🤷‍♂️

Debatable, but pretty much no ICE car will put the power down as efficiently as the EV given same layout, tyres etc.

The Plaid is destroying cars on proper drag race tyres, and it's in Michelin PS4's or Pirelli PZero's. That makes them even more impressive.