Tesla Model S Plaid Plus

R36_

RMS Regular
Drives
R36 Passat
1100+BHP, 0-60 in 1.99 secs, 200+mph and an estimated range of 520+miles.

What’s not to like? Apart from the £133k price point, this includes full automated driving etc.

In my eyes, £130k certainly isn’t a bad price for something with these figures, don’t get me wrong, it’s still not a V12 Raging Bull.. but sooner or later EV’s are all that’ll be on the market whether we like it or not.

What’s your thoughts?
D2757620-11F9-4F65-9153-6262F8DAC8DB.jpeg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Best looking Tesla yet. Spectacular performance. 9.5sec qtr mile isn't it?

Steering yoke however is completely rediculous.

1612284953005.png

R36_

RMS Regular
OP
R36_
Drives
R36 Passat
Best looking Tesla yet. Spectacular performance. 9.5sec qtr mile isn't it?

Steering yoke however is completely rediculous.

View attachment 311062
It’s a stunner that’s for sure! Aye apparently less than 9.0s quarter mile, which to me is absolutely bonkers 😂 £130k just slightly out of my budget unfortunately! 😅

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Amazing vehicle technically but eventually it will be difficult to differentiate EV's in road tests as they exhibit many similar characteristics. Having driven an EV for 3 years I prefer the way they drive but still like the snarl of the VW Golf Mk2 16v with Milltek exhaust.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
That would be top of my list over any car, if had the budget and if it takes a towbar?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
That would be top of my list over any car, if had the budget and if it takes a towbar?

Towbar aside I would have thought the same but I’d agree with the reviewer in the video on the yoke and lack of stalks.

That being said if I had the money to piss it away on a £100k+ car then I’d go for that, the performance is outrageous.

redxl77

RMS Regular
I can't yet picture the sight of EVs getting recharged with large trailers on the back of them.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I met a guy with a Model 3 long range dual motor at a charger (0 -60 mph in 3.1 seconds) and he said it was good for showing off but actually unpleasant for everyday driving so he puts it in "chill mode" to take the edge off the acceleration as the temptation is always there to use it. As with all electric cars the response is immediate - my brother felt that the humble 134 bhp E Golf felt similar to an Impreza during the initial take off G force.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’d agree, to 30mph our etron with 300bhp is probably quicker than my Impreza unless you give it a full on launch. It weighs 2.5ton aswell lol, after 30 though the scoob is gone

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
A Nissan leaf is like the fastest fwd hot hatch...........up to about 45mph.

I would have bought one as a cheap runabout but a Focus diesel was much more attractive due to the £1500 outlay rather than £10k +

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I met a guy with a Model 3 long range dual motor at a charger (0 -60 mph in 3.1 seconds) and he said it was good for showing off but actually unpleasant for everyday driving so he puts it in "chill mode" to take the edge off the acceleration as the temptation is always there to use it. As with all electric cars the response is immediate - my brother felt that the humble 134 bhp E Golf felt similar to an Impreza during the initial take off G force.
The teslas aren't really any different to any car, it only goes as fast as your foot tells it. The "throttle" response is very linear and the chassis very sure footed and neutral. It's much less of a handful than a lot of sporty stuff from back in the day, even if it is much faster. Chill mode is grand but I personally never bother with it as that'll be the time I find myself wanting to overtake someone or something.