The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

stevyg

RMS Regular
2 years? I doubt it. Kinda like when they said they won't make a manual box anymore then enough people complained and boom the 911R came out.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
mean grey 944.jpg

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
The 4 litre engine in the GT4 runs on just 4 cylinders when cruising.

I have been told if I want a solely petrol Porsche that I will need to order in the next 2 years.

Its going to be electric all the way...

The end is here..............................................
I agree and disagree if that makes sense. I hate the thought of hybrids and ev's but I had the pleasure of driving a panamera turbo s e-hybrid recently. Electric has it's place lol

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I agree and disagree if that makes sense. I hate the thought of hybrids and ev's but I had the pleasure of driving a panamera turbo s e-hybrid recently. Electric has it's place lol

The 992.2 911 will be hybrid, then a few years later it'll go pure electric.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Future is electric whether any of us like it or not.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can't give you a like for that, lol 😇

But you are right. At least in the short term, to meet emissions regs. Until there are too many on the roads and we run out of rare earth metals for the batteries, we run out of charge points (anyone living with on-street parking - good luck!), prices for recharging go through the roof, etc.

It really isn't a viable long term strategy... But hey, better than nothing at the moment I suppose for those it works for. Which in fairness is becoming quite a lot of people. And getting them onto electric will be a good thing.

It's just the end of cars and car ownership as we know it.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Yeah I really do regret not buying a 964 back in the day when no-one wanted them!

I've a P-car from each decade 79/89/99 and none of them are road worthy atm! Nice thing is the '79 car will be MoT exempt so might not have to be too fussy about it now lol

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I've a 944 that's a bit of a garage queen (though 97k or something on her, just lived in a heated garage since the mid 90s) and a '79 911SC that has been a few different colours and is currently in bits after a far out relative took it apart and abandoned it in my brother in laws garage. Sometimes I purposely forget about it as it's in a mates garage. I don't think I have a pic of it on this computer.

944 at Down Royal - first time wet in 20 years!

5001 at Down Royal.jpg

Portavogie drive 996C2-1.jpg

Then there's this bloody thing too!
Exocet.jpg

Aha! It needs a bit of T-Cut. (or T-Met).

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I've a 944 that's a bit of a garage queen (though 97k or something on her, just lived in a heated garage since the mid 90s) and a '79 911SC that has been a few different colours and is currently in bits after a far out relative took it apart and abandoned it in my brother in laws garage. Sometimes I purposely forget about it as it's in a mates garage. I don't think I have a pic of it on this computer.

944 at Down Royal - first time wet in 20 years!

View attachment 240377

View attachment 240378

Then there's this bloody thing too!
View attachment 240379

Aha! It needs a bit of T-Cut. (or T-Met).

What a collection!!

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Yeah I really do regret not buying a 964 back in the day when no-one wanted them!

I've a P-car from each decade 79/89/99 and none of them are road worthy atm! Nice thing is the '79 car will be MoT exempt so might not have to be too fussy about it now lol

Won’t be mot exempt here bud, our dickheads aren’t sitting to get that law passed!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Start a "go fund me" 😇 That last one could be well worth it if it's reasonably complete and the running gear ok!

Oh yeah it's all there, and actually had some welding and rust repair before I got hold of it. Also a bit pile of new spare bits like heat exchangers, exhaust, and a shed load of new Porsche seals all their bags. Was one of those times in life I really didn't need a project but was too good an opportunity to pass up. The downside is that to do it all right (bare shell upwards) will cost an absolute fortune as it's beyond my skill level.