The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When are the dates for Goodwood normally released? A few of us are looking to head to FOS next year.

Don't know about the FoS, but for Revival you pretty much need to book tickets and parking by October for next year's event. That's a year ahead. That's if you want good tickets for the main events.

Friday tickets and the likes can be had later.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
White 951 rear.jpg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives

Have to say I do love the old stuff, saying that I’m looking something fresh bodywork wise so I’ve finally made the decision that my next car is going to be a 997.2, tbh I’m not fussed if it’s a 2, 2s, 4 or 4s, just want a meteor grey (would love slate but very rare)

Gona stick the r27 Clio up for sale this weekend possibly as I want to slim down to just one car if possible, at the most two as I hate looking after too much stuff and if I have only one it will make me use it a bit more instead of becoming a garage queen like most of the stuff I have, I waisted too many years not enjoying my cars tbh :-(

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@Cossers Good decision. They’re surprisingly easy to live with. I dropped my wee 996 in this am for some new brake pipes (wouldn’t trust myself with brakes!) and there was a nice properly dirty basic spec C2 997 at the top of the road. I really liked the fact it was just being driven and enjoyed. A bit like my own car really - it was someone’s daily driver for well over 10 years. Maintain it, wash it and enjoy it is my view. Don’t obsess.

A9A15DAB-3BAF-4C46-A705-C08CF31A23D5.jpeg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Cheers @Andy888, I had a 996 c4s around 10 years back and loved it! The whole ims failure, bore score etc etc got the better of me as I knew nothing about them and bought it on a bit of a whim and had done No research at all, tbh if I’d never known about it I would probably have still have had it blissfully driving about without issue!

Saying that I do know all that and although not as bad as made out I still want to do my best to mitigate aginst as best possible so the 997.2 is the safest bet for the older stuff, although I like the new stuff it’s just got a bit big looking for me, saying that, I think if a nice 991 gts was at the right money in a few years I’d really be tempted.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Love the kitted cars, I’m looking black interior, satin black wheels, possibly aftermarket depending on what come on it and would love pccb just for the yellow calipers, what ever the calipers they will be sprayed yellow,

Love this colour/wheel colour and caliper setup, except I not fussed on the red interior:-(
99B62831-438A-418B-AEB3-069D22D67BAA.jpeg

And possibly on these wheels

5D1ABA30-641D-4B71-9F19-CD07B63C1CC6.png

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@quattro Rick I see a nice black 964 Turbo round Helen's Bay/Holywood regularly. Was sitting in B&Q carpark recently. Guy seems to just drive it around like a normal car.

I imagine it's probably a fairly reliable car if left standard and treated well, sounds like a man who enjoys his car for the right reasons

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
@quattro Rick I see a nice black 964 Turbo round Helen's Bay/Holywood regularly. Was sitting in B&Q carpark recently. Guy seems to just drive it around like a normal car.

And right there you have hit the nail on the head about the beauty of a 911. They can be used as a normal car without any hassle, and then when you want to have fun they can do that too!