The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Stunning looking car .Nice choice he made that fine Wednesday morning .
9BA03902-CE59-433E-85C5-9E20F3A062C7.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Had a great day last week driving a new 992 911 Carerra at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone. Great half day of fun with great Instructors who really encouraged me to go as hard as possible once he worked out I wasn't likely going to kill him. Great setup and excellent food too. Tight enough wee track on the bigger handling circuit but was surprised at how fast you could go and the simulated ice tracks and skid areas were great fun.

If you ever get a chance to go it's a great day, would make me want to order another Porsche to get another invitation lol.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Been drooling over the silver one for a couple of months now. Even had the drivers seat set to just the right position 😂

Still about 25 years of saving to do yet. Would hopefully have the deposit then 😭

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lads are these CSR 911s desirable in the Porsche world or not really loved? Personally I love them, but wouldn't want to be paying that kind of money to either lose loads or be stuck with a car nobody wants to buy.

I can see where all the money has been spent like, and from what I can see it is a well sorted 996?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907220331657?atmobcid=soc3

Screenshot_20190808-112828_Auto Trader.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
There are so few of them @gav525 I would say it will be a hard question to answer. All the reviews of them in porsche magazines are outstanding though

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
There are so few of them @gav525 I would say it will be a hard question to answer. All the reviews of them in porsche magazines are outstanding though

They do seem to spend a lot of time developing using the likes of Tim Harvey etc which is good to see. Just wasn't sure if the Porsche purists approved or not, as 50k could buy a decent 997 911, or good 996 turbo etc.

I just think they look class!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
unless you were a die hard 996 fan i dont personally see the attraction... 50K woudl buy a very nice 911 - i guess a 997.2 GTS for example ? clearly i'm biased as i think the 997.2 is a sweet spot in the range right now, but if i had more to spend than my little C2 i would find it very hard to walk past a GTS.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I also think they look stunning, but you are almost into GT3 money there.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I also think they look stunning, but you are almost into GT3 money there.

That is very true, but the 996 does little for me for some reason. One parked next to me at the Ring last week and it looked very dated. Its weird, as I think the C4S and Turbo still look fresh enough, from the outside anyways.

Ideally I want a 997.2 GT3, but that'll have to wait a wee while. GTS is a good shout though, I'll have a look and see what manual ones are about.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Lads are these CSR 911s desirable in the Porsche world or not really loved? Personally I love them, but wouldn't want to be paying that kind of money to either lose loads or be stuck with a car nobody wants to buy.

I can see where all the money has been spent like, and from what I can see it is a well sorted 996?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907220331657?atmobcid=soc3

View attachment 246109

That is lovely inside and out, I particularly like the back of it, just a pity the wheels aren't a bit more dished to really set it off.

But I'd struggle to pay £50k for it. The 996 4S is heavy and not that powerful, so compared to other things you're considering and what you want to do with it, I'd be worried you might quickly get bored of it. Don't get me wrong, it would be a lovely handling car down a nice sweeping road, bit of an old school analogue feel to it, but performance wise it's never going to knock your socks off!