The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Agree with gav, that’s lovely, even in white, yes I had spotted it, @Woodcutter looks like he got a great car if he does buy!

Looks very low, I assume it has springs or coilovers in it?

Last edited:

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
I noticed yesterday morning Belfast Porsche had a flipped 70 mile crayon GT3RS Weissach Pack with photos listed on the Autotrader and on their Agnews website (but not on the official Porsche website) - similar to the LHD one below. Then in the afternoon, they replaced the photos with Panamera photos (below), and this morning they have completely removed it. A cynical person might think they were trying to disguise the flip from Porsche UK.

It's a real shame that these rare RS models can't be sold to people who actually want to own and drive them, instead of flipping for a £50k profit. But then the dealer would only make one margin on the car instead of two within a few months with minimal expenditure on preparation. It's a tidy business model, don't you think?

GT3RS.jpg

GT3RS WP2.jpg

Zach57

RMS Regular
I noticed yesterday morning Belfast Porsche had a flipped 70 mile crayon GT3RS Weissach Pack with photos listed on the Autotrader and on their Agnews website (but not on the official Porsche website) - similar to the LHD one below. Then in the afternoon, they replaced the photos with Panamera photos (below), and this morning they have completely removed it. A cynical person might think they were trying to disguise the flip from Porsche UK.

It's a real shame that these rare RS models can't be sold to people who actually want to own and drive them, instead of flipping for a £50k profit. But then the dealer would only make one margin on the car instead of two within a few months with minimal expenditure on preparation. It's a tidy business model, don't you think?

View attachment 257618

View attachment 257617

I seen pictures of it the other day and seen Porsche approved plate on the front and thought that’s a bit soon for a Weisach Pack car to be going up for sale.

I don’t know how someone can but a car like that and only drive 70 miles.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Porsche and McL especially are doing this systematically... A combination of speculation, as above. And built in obsolescence as every car they make is held back from the best it could be so they can release another one every six months that's a wee bit faster/better without needing any real development.

I'm just surprised it has worked as long as it has. Very happy if the prices are now dropping as @Woodcutter said and people are finally catching on...

That said, the one above is a bit gash, lol :innocent: Wouldn't be for me, certainly not at a quarter of a million!

Zach57

RMS Regular
I know with some of the dealers you need to buy a couple of more mundane cars to get the limited cars… but then again they’re probably buying a new daily every year anyway.

They’re only worth what they sell for and it won’t be until the 992 GT3 is released and this is irrelevant

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Have to say I’m not a fan of auto in any form but I can totally get why people get them after coming out of Victoria sq car park at 5:30 last night! My left leg was well pissed off! Never been caught in much traffic like that before, as a daily drive I’d deffo be going auto if dealing with that every day.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Funny enough it only appears to be the gt4 that is affected, rumour is it due to the added stiffness of the chassis on it and mostly occurring during track days.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Funny enough it only appears to be the gt4 that is affected, rumour is it due to the added stiffness of the chassis on it and mostly occurring during track days.

That seems to be a GT3 possibly? The video pans out and there's no side scoop

Driver said he hit a pot hole iirc

Seems madness that something as simple as a pot hole could ruin it.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
It's occurring more and more on the GT3's now. Porsche are being dicks about doing the work under warranty. I know of a car that eventually had a new strut tower replaced under warranty and whilst in they replaced the 2nd one.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
750k 😳😳😳

Half that when new! Suppose if someone buys it at that then that's what it's worth, but still...

600 miles in 15 years, now that is really sad...

That said, of the "super-Porsches" that is the one I would want, money no object. But I would actually use mine 😅

Would settle quite happily for half a dozen nice GT3 at that price though :innocent: